Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello cummins world,

well long story short I had a 2016 f150 but with the truck market being so messed up and me wanting to build an older truck to work, show, and drive I figured what better than a 12v cummins. I literally just picked this up today and yes it needs a pile of work but we will get there.

mods:
Borgwarner s300
AFE elbow and boost tube
Full exhaust
[email protected] intake
Air dog fp150

goals:
Get rid of the lift and tires ASAP!
get new wheels tires
Second gen bumper, sport grill and cowl
New fenders
Redo complete interior make it feel more modern
Overall resto the truck but those are my huge complaints right now.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Also I’m very active on YT and going to post all my updates on there so be sure to give me a follow.

·
Super Moderator
24,344 Posts
I moved this to 94-98 non-powertrain section.

Why are you wanting to put a electric LP on when the factory one will handle more then your wanting to do?

Reactions: 3guysgarage

·
Registered
‘98 2500 Quad cab 12 valve 4x4 with 5 speed
680 Posts
Interested in following this. But more interested in the modded frame that made it into a shortbed. What’s the quality of work look like on the frame chop?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I said the 37s had to go! I picked up a set of factory wheels for $100 best $100 mod this truck probably could have gotten. Time to ditch the lift!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
It looks worlds better with the factory wheels. It looks as if it sits lower than stock in the rear now. Do you have the stock lift block installed?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It looks worlds better with the factory wheels. It looks as if it sits lower than stock in the rear now. Do you have the stock lift block installed?
I was going to go for more of a street look for the truck. Unfortunately after removing all the blocks and homemade “shims” from previous owners it just doesn’t look right to me. This was where I ended with it last night and I will be putting the factory block back in today with some new u bolts. I should have a video posted later tonight.

Also, small compliment from this forum coming from a new body style f150 this group seems a lot more helpful. Appreciate you guys 👏🏻

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally. Fixed the terrible lift now time to fix the exhaust and replace suspension with new goods 👏🏻

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright I’m reaching out for help cummins forum. I’m going to post a video Monday showing where I ended up but I switched out my garage cluster thinking that would fix my speedo issue. Well no luck. I’ve read the obvious speedo cable which I will be ordering and then I read an ABS fuse could make it not work also? Maybe someone could lend better advice. Also, there’s a black plug on the back on the cluser that’s not plugged in. What does that go to? I have both longer clips plugged in.
Thanks,

·
Registered
‘98 2500 Quad cab 12 valve 4x4 with 5 speed
680 Posts
I guess I missed there being a speedometer issue. You should have a abs/speed sensor on top of the rear axle housing. These are known for going out and affecting speedo operation. Do you also have an ABS warning light on?

·
Premium Member
4,508 Posts
What year is it? 98 reads speed from rear axle and I think the older second gens are off the t/c.

Edit: I see it’s older than 98.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What year is it? 98 reads speed from rear axle and I think the older second gens are off the t/c.

Edit: I see it’s older than 98.
Yeah it’s a 1996 so I’m assuming it’s on the transfer case? I’m assuming it’s just as easy as pulling the old sensor out and replacing it with a new one?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I kinda have been busy buying another truck. Figured it’d be nice to have something with options and also bring another twist to my slowly progressing YouTube channel. I haven’t picked out a name yet but meet the 4th gen

1 - 20 of 57 Posts