Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, ive done a search and all i can find is speedo recalibration for 3rd gens:CRY:

im going with 33" toyos. what is the best way to recalibrate the speedo/odometer?? My edge has a tire recal on it but i havent experimented with it. how does it work on the edge?? im assuming it just shows the adjustment on the monitor and not the actual speedo??

the thing im worried about most is the milage on the odometer. will it be off that much to even worry about it?? i know there are methods for the 3rd gen guys to get everything back to true but havent found anything on the 2nd gens.

thanks guys

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
What I've heard is that the dealer can reset your computer. Just heard it, and haven't done it yet, but I would note that I think the oe size is about a 32" tire, and in metric, usually the size is pretty close to what it is listed as. Inch size tires are usually smaller, and in some cases quite a bit smaller. Either way, going from 32 to 33 will only make your speedo CORRECT. The factory puts in a small cushion so your speedo reads a little higher. Personally I wouldn't bother with it. Now mine on the other hand... I probably should deal with! :(

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump........ please????:hyper:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have a superchips that you can readjust the spedo but I haven't done it yet. I know that it can do it but I don't have big tires yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts