1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Dont Upset The Hulk....
8,741 Posts
Looks like his kit flips the manifold down side up, as opposed to how a typical 2nd gem style manifold swap sits.... I bet your 62 would work just fine. Have you tried calling them or emailing them to make sure?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Cummins724 What are you using for an oil drain in this kit? Just oil safe hose or the 21" line for the bigger motors. Just curious I'm in the middle of this swap now.

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That kit is designed to use any 3g style turbo. It will work with a II 62 if that turbo is for a 03-07 Dodge (3g flange). We can make adjustments if needed.
I was hoping the kit could be used with the manifold mounted in the traditional way not inverted like in the kit pics. Can it work with manifold like that?

·
Dont Upset The Hulk....
8,741 Posts
That kit is designed to use any 3g style turbo. It will work with a II 62 if that turbo is for a 03-07 Dodge (3g flange). We can make adjustments if needed.
Would your kit work with a 475...?

·
Banned
4,276 Posts
Johnny at Stainless Diesel builds these kits for us. The manifold is turned upside down to aid in spoolup of the turbo and flows better (straight thru flow eliminates the "up and over" of traditional mounting). Drag racers and sled pullers have been doing this for years. At this time, there is no kit offered which uses manifold mounted in stock form. I'm sure that a kit can easily be built if you so desire. The oil drain is the longer flex tube as you mentioned. A S475 can not be used with this kit, only 3g style turbos (S300 based or stock chargers).

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was wondering how the spring style wastegate actuator works? I know it uses drive pressure instead of boost to open the wastegate but Im wondering how you get it set to around the rite psi you are wanting to run before the first startup after swap, bc if its set way too high like 50psi on the ii62 for example, the risk of a blown head gasket exists.... I only ask bc I am seriously considering this kit b/c it will make a 2nd gen swap very easy, mostly not needing to fab up parts.

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
483 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
483 Posts
if i understand you right your just swapping manifolds and keeping your turbo? if you plan on running your stock turbo with your 2nd gen swap you need that same flange on your new dp. you cant use the hx40 flange on the 341.

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so find another cr dp on the cheap and cut the flange off it and cut the flange on the hx40 and weld it up that way maybe? Im hopin lol

·
Registered
483 Posts
so find another cr dp on the cheap and cut the flange off it and cut the flange on the hx40 and weld it up that way maybe? Im hopin lol
the thing is the exhaust elbows from your turbo (he341) and the he351s on the 04.5-07 trucks are not the same. the hx40 will bolt to the elbow off the 04.5-07 trucks. Just get a hold of Jkidd at diesel auto power hes a vendor on here. he will hook you up with what you need! Buy a dp with the 3rd gen flange welded onto it so it just clamps right to your turbo.

the turbo outlets are the same size but the exhaust elbows are not

Reactions: jkidd

·
Registered
768 Posts
Would your kit work with a 475...?
Call up Johnny at Stainless Diesel, he'll get you squared away and to the OP, the kit is a pretty straight forward install.

Reactions: 1badRam06

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the thing is the exhaust elbows from your turbo (he341) and the he351s on the 04.5-07 trucks are not the same. the hx40 will bolt to the elbow off the 04.5-07 trucks. Just get a hold of Jkidd at diesel auto power hes a vendor on here. he will hook you up with what you need! Buy a dp with the 3rd gen flange welded onto it so it just clamps right to your turbo.

the turbo outlets are the same size but the exhaust elbows are not
see the elbow is eliminated during this swap, thts why most use hx 40 dp/ I dont know I think ill just hold off indefinatly i cant seem to find a definative answer anwhere sooo ... maybe when i get new turbo that way its ordered with the hx40 style flange and no probplems on exhayst side

·
Dont Upset The Hulk....
8,741 Posts
Call up Johnny at Stainless Diesel, he'll get you squared away and to the OP, the kit is a pretty straight forward install.
For a 2nd gen swap downpipe and what not...?

·
Registered
768 Posts
For a 2nd gen swap downpipe and what not...?
Yeah that's what you're wanting isn't it? I know I've seen pictures of some of his stuff with S400 chargers in there instead of the 300 with the 90* outlet. IMO dudes easy to work with, when I told him what all I wanted he knew right off that the exhaust housing on my box BW unit would have to be machined down to fit the hx40 downpipe

Reactions: 1badRam06

·
Dont Upset The Hulk....
8,741 Posts
Yeah that's what you're wanting isn't it? I know I've seen pictures of some of his stuff with S400 chargers in there instead of the 300 with the 90* outlet. IMO dudes easy to work with, when I told him what all I wanted he knew right off that the exhaust housing on my box BW unit would have to be machined down to fit the hx40 downpipe
Exactly what Im wanting to do, an easy 2nd gen swap for my 475 and go romp on it! :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.