Cummins Diesel Forum banner

2nd Gen In Tank Pump Issues

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  CJ_02_5.9 
#1 ·
I bought a 2nd Gen 02 24 Valve because it only had 110K miles on it. Not a bad deal. Turns out the previous owner had some shady work done on it. Told me A/C was fixed and that they had put a new compressor when the issue was a blend door, which I was able to diagnose after hitting a bump the first day with it. Anyway. Turns out who ever worked on this poor truck decided to hot wire a lift pump on the side of the motor, but the truck had already been converted to an intank system. So naturally it burnt the lift pump on the block out because it was sucking through the intank. As far as I can tell, the VP is still working fine. I was able to get it to run shortly to get it on a flat bed to get it home. I know the pump burnt out because I bump the starter for it to prime and it isn't running like it was previously. Previous owner had some house wiring to a shady switch to prime it because I guess reading your owners manual to prime the engine is too hard compared to running a mile of unnecessary wiring and what looked to be a fire hazard. I ripped the BS out and I am down to the leads coming from the ECM off the motor and put in a stock bypass block that I found for 40 Bucks. With the help of a local hydraulic shop I got rid of the banjo bolts for a straight feed through a block. I am just wondering how would I go about wiring the ECM leads to the intank 4 pin. I worked in a diesel shop as an service writer before COVID got our **** shut down indefinitely. I am new to diesels. From the diagrams I keep finding, I know the wires I am dealing with are the power from the ECM. Just need a diagram or idea on how I need to wire this to the Intank unit properly. I see some harnesses, but not sure if thats what I need or not. I have the full harness running to the underside of the drivers fender. Any help is appreciated. Sorry if this is confusing. Damn dodge should have done the **** right before coming out with these damn intank units and saying the hell with the lift pump system.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.