Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m going to be installing cab lights on my 2nd gen, it didn’t come with cab light originally. Does anyone know the dimensions and measurements to line up the cab lights properly? Also, does all the cab lights start at the same point? meaning the measurement from the top of the windshield to the front of each cab light. It looks like the middle 3 lights that are bunched together start closer to the windshield, idk...maybe it just looks that way. I seen the layout and 3 are bunched in the middle and the other two are more towards the outer edge of the roof. it seems to me that it came from factory that way and I plan to go by that layout. I don’t really have time to order the template and wait for shipping, so knowing the measurements to align it would be great. thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
They actually look cooler if you space them evenly.
On all the tricked-out Peterbilts that’s one of the first things you do.
Use factory Dodge lights, DON’T buy aftermarket ones. The factory ones have a curved mounting surface that matches the truck roof just right.
The aftermarket ones are flat on the bottom. They don’t fit quite right and aren’t going to seal as well.
If you want clear lenses, use late model stock Dodge cab lights, they came in clear.

Reactions: peddlebike

·
On call 24/7
12,497 Posts
Pull the headliner down and you will see the holes already in the roof of the cab. I believe its about an 1&1/8 hole so if you use a hole saw, the holes will be where you need them. Now getting them straight is a different story. I measured a dually at a pic n pull yard that I pulled the lights off of to get the screw holes right because I wanted them to look factory.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys, but I really just need the factory measurements to mount the cab lights. I understand I can just center the holes from the inside once I pull the headliner, but having the measurements on the layout will make me feel a lot more comfortable doing this. It is definitely nerve wrecking knowing that I will have to drill in to a leak free roof lol

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I know when you buy lights from recon they send a template, might call them and have them send one.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Look on ebay for templates, that's where i got mine. Also got a oem complete set (used) for $60 shipped

·
Registered
44 Posts
Before you drill holes in your cab and remove your headliner and all that I highly suggest you look into the fully wireless cab lights that you can buy now a days.. these just stick on the cab with 3m tape, they have NO wires, NO holes are required which means no roof leaks.. and they recharge from solar panels built into the units, these lights look factory and are controlled with a key fob .. this is the rout I’m going with because I do not wanna remove my headliner and drill holes cuz if I don’t get them just perfect I’ll never forgive myself .. these wireless cab lights are where it’s at if your adding them to a truck which never had cab lights to begin with if you ask me.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Good info; never even knew such a thing existed.

Soon my drills, routers, fish stuff & grommets will be obsolete.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Not sure if you installed your cab lights yet, but I wouldn’t if I were you. I’ve replaced mine about every two or three years. The lens keep cracking from the sun and they start to leak. I’m welding the holes on my cab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts