Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was driving last night through town and getting on the freeway and out of know where a cop comes up behind me on the freeway and pulls me over. He asked me what i thought i got pulled over for and then said that i was throwing black smoke and i was going to fast over an on ramp which was supposable only 25mph??? but i was getting on the freeway which was dumb so luckily my passenger knew the cop because he had helped him in the past in a shooting range or something so the cop let me of reckless driving and the smoke and instead gave me a fix it ticket for no mud flaps! i was mad but at the same time happy....

the funny thing is the cop owns a dodge just like mine with an 8 inch lift and 38's and i see him driving around and he has a super chip he said.. wish he could understand... anyway just got one for exhaust last week now mudflaps!!! :thud:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cali sucks when it comes to the law

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
LOL in Texas we would have floored it from the shoulder throwing smoke and rocks at his car!

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
The California law allows any amount of smoke for up to 10 seconds.

I carry around the legislation in my glovebox and it got me out of a ticket once.

·
texas
909 Posts
sorry to hear about the ticket.I remember i went to chula vista and i couldn't find a gas station with diesel :lol3:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats a good idea but i guess i'm still lucky that he didn't write me up for reckless driving...

·
Registered
2,254 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree that what makes me mad! could i just screw some rubber flaps on and then take it in and get it written off? then when i'm just take them off?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cool now i just need to figure out what i'm going to do with my exhaust. i got the ticket in a different county so maybe ill take it in and see what they say..

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tree huggin hippies

Try coming to humboldt county.. anyone ever been there?? it is horrible its like a freakin convention except all of the time...

·
Registered
675 Posts
Dont get me started on the mud flap thing you dont want to know how many times ive been pulled over for that.

·
Banned
1,335 Posts
hahahaha yeah i was gonna say get vert those would be some HUGE mud flaps hahahaha

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:popcorn: i would love to see those.. how many fix it tickets have you got and what did you do? lol

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Say all you want about California being full of "tree huggin' hippies", but California has absolutely no smog tests for Diesels. No smog tests on top of 10-seconds-of-allowable smoke makes it a pretty Diesel friendly place.

·
Registered
296 Posts
They've already passed a law to change that....

If I remember correctly, its trucks made in 1997 and newer that will have to be tested.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
None of my furniture meets the California standard for fire safety. Plus I love out-of-state fruit, I don't think I would like it there.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts