Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So currently debating either a gear swap or tune. Have 35's on right now and is feeling a bit like a dog. Was planning on possibly moving to 4.10s and calling it good.

TWIST:stirpot:: Cali bred 2015 so deletes are a negative:help1:. I see we now have some non delete tunes, but most agree this could be a huge waste for the cost.

Thank you for chiming in!
-Dan

·
Cummins Freak
3,277 Posts
Do the Gear Swap!! 4:10's with 35's will make it seem like a whole different Truck!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do the Gear Swap!! 4:10's with 35's will make it seem like a whole different Truck!!!
That's what I was leaning towards. It'll take some work to find a good shop around here. Had 3.73 in the f150 before this so having a 3.42 on this is weird.

·
Cummins Freak
3,277 Posts
If you haven't, do a search on here and you should be able to get a good idea of cost for parts and labor. Maybe someone will chime in that will be able to recommend a shop in your area!!! Good Luck!!!:thumbsup:

Reactions: dbow07

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you haven't, do a search on here and you should be able to get a good idea of cost for parts and labor. Maybe someone will chime in that will be able to recommend a shop in your area!!! Good Luck!!!:thumbsup:
Thanks brotha. Tried to read a good amount about it and it seems like people are in the 1.7-2k range. Central cali shops usually charge big though from my experience. Posted in the cali chapter and am now in that awkward "300 views and no comments" phase. :thumbsdown:

·
Supporting Vendors
9,579 Posts
The regear will not only wake your truck up performance-wise, it will also increase the longevity of your drivetrain parts. Gearing is a much better mod than tuning, especially on these 3.42 geared trucks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The regear will not only wake your truck up performance-wise, it will also increase the longevity of your drivetrain parts. Gearing is a much better mod than tuning, especially on these 3.42 geared trucks.
That's what I was hoping for. Tranny seems to be having a good amount of indecisiveness right now. 4.10 I take it would be the wisest with the 35s as well? I know guys are going 4.56 for the 37s but I plan to stay at the 35 level.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Does this apply to g56 trucks as well? Or is the gearing better for only autos?

·
Supporting Vendors
9,579 Posts
That's what I was hoping for. Tranny seems to be having a good amount of indecisiveness right now. 4.10 I take it would be the wisest with the 35s as well? I know guys are going 4.56 for the 37s but I plan to stay at the 35 level.
I would stick with the 4.10 gears on 35s.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts