Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a part # or something to help me purchase shocks for an '07 2wd 3500 that are 2in longer than stock. Can seem to find anything listed on the usual parts sites and can't find anyone recommended a part number anywhere even though everyone seems to suggest this as a fix. Can anyone who has actually purchase shocks that were 2in long help everyone out by posting a make and part #. Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know you have asked for information from folks that have "done the install". But I am getting ready to level my 04.5 2wd and thought I would share what I have found so far. Again, I HAVE NOT PURCHASED OR INSTALLED YET. And I am assuming you are looking for front shocks.

1) Bilstein 5125 Series - 33-230405-- Travel 5.7", Collapsed Length 10.7", Extended Length 16.4".

2) Bilstein 5100 Series - 24-185400-- Travel 5.7", Collapsed Length 11.3", Extended Length 17.58.

Got info from Bilstien's website. Again, have not done the purchase/ install. But may give you some info to check to see if they will work for you. Good luck!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone have any idea what the stock Travel, Collapsed Length, and Extended length are for stock shocks?

Jstep, I appreciate the info. I looked around on their site but wasn't able to come up with it. Overlooked it somehow I guess. If I can just double check stock measurements, I should be able to narrow down a part number now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The stock travel that I am going on is the 4600 Bilstein stock replacement shock for the truck. Bilstein Monotube Shock Absorbers and Struts | 24-186063 | Bilstein | AJUSA.com

The specs on the other shocks I found listed on Bilstein website off road catalog pages 22 and 26. Product Information The Off Road catalog is a PDF you can dowload. These are links to the sites where I got the info.

Not sure if the Bilstein has the exact same travel as the stock shock, but that model is the bilstein stock replacement.

The off-road catalog should give you lots of info if you want Bilsteins. Hope this helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts