Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2003 4x4 dually and im bout to put some toyo m/ts on it. does anybody no if i can put 285s on it without having to put spacers on the back? thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
This is a great queation, there are alot of us with duals that want a little bigger tires but maybe not lift kits...like deeremans question with the 285s fit if not what sizes will??

·
Registered
96 Posts
ive got 33/12.50//17 and i have 2.50" spacer ..i could of gone with 2" , i got them off ebay for 175.00 i think (pair )...now a friend of mine is running 285's on his dually with a spacer he bought from napa , they are 1/4' thick he doubled them up and only cost like 50.00 bucks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i guess i got the anwser to my question. i went to my tire store today and got my 285/70/17 toyo ats put on and they did fit. and they look so much better then the small 235s imo.

·
On call 24/7
12,574 Posts
pictures?.....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im leavin town tonight and will be back tuesday or wednesday next week. il be soon to post pics when i get back

·
Registered
16 Posts
so how did the 285's work out for you on your trip. Did you utilize a spacer. If so what size?

·
Banned
140 Posts
On my Dually 285s rubbed with no spacer so I got 1 1/2" spacer and everything is well now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well im running the 285 70 17's but with a two inch spacer. I bought those cause people were saying stuff about trimming studs and i didnt want to deal with that. I was really curious if you can run these tires with a 1/4 spacer. I would like to bring the tires in so there not sticking out so far. I may just have to buy those spacers and try it myself.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Everyone, post pics. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
i have an 05 dually and i have 285/70-17 Toya A/Ts and i run about 55psi and i bought some 1/4 inch wheel spacers and i was ganna put them on before i pulled a camper and did not get a chance to get them on before and i only pulled it 2 miles and the next day when i pulled the tires off to put the spacers on you could tell the tires were rubbing. I put the spacers on and they dont stick out that far.

But if you are ganna do with M/Ts you need a 2 1/2 wheel spacer

·
Banned
140 Posts
Well im running the 285 70 17's but with a two inch spacer. I bought those cause people were saying stuff about trimming studs and i didnt want to deal with that. I was really curious if you can run these tires with a 1/4 spacer. I would like to bring the tires in so there not sticking out so far. I may just have to buy those spacers and try it myself.
I've got a set of 1/4" spacers, make offer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Before the 1/4 wheel spacers i could not even think bout putting my fingers between the tire and now i can

I would post a picture on here put i cant get it to work

·
Registered
96 Posts
im runnin 315's with a 2.5" spacer and love them so far also runnin a 2" in front

·
Registered
96 Posts
side view

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ok well i bought the 1/4 in spacer from DWRAT so i can try them out. I am running 285 70 17's goodyear MTR's. The only weight in the bed at the time of this photo was 4 20inch rims and the weight of having the bed sprayed. Oh and tires had 58 psi. so hope this helps out. Well im having issues attaching this file even after i shrunk it. So ill have to try again.

spacer wheels pictures by trev7700 - Photobucket

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey DWRAT...How much space do you have between your tires, when you have your 5th wheel attached to your truck? I really want bigger tires, but i pull a 40' goosneck all the time, so i can't have the tires touch at all when i'm loaded.

·
Registered
70 Posts
yea I also pull a 28 ft fith wheel all over the states but I would love to go with a 285 but not sure if I wanna go spend a couple hundred on spacers... so if its enough room with 1/4 spacers post some pics

1 - 20 of 28 Posts