Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get rid of the 20" chrome wheels on my truck. I use it to go out to the desert a lot and the wheel and tire combo I have now is not condusive to that. I want to buy 17" black wheels and BFG a/t tires. I am going to try and bargin with a hole in the wall wheel and tire shop and see if I can get a credit for what I have already. I have put them on Craigs's List a bunch of times with no bites. I do live in San Diego though and the economy is not to good at this time.

I have no lift or anything so I was just wondering if anyone had a picture of what it might look like after its done. I used to have a beefed up jeep with black wheels and I liked the way it looked.

My truck as it is now.

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
These wheels came on my truck and i just recently painted them black. It's a second gen and not the same color but hopefully this helps your decision just a little bit

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like it. I think what I dont like (which is not on your truck) is when the wheels themselves are shallow and the hub caps stick out so far.... Thanks for the pics

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Heres my truck with 17x8 XD Spys with 35x12.50R17s

The pic of the blue truck is from the Cummins Fourm. Not sure who it belongs too but I found it when I was searching for pics of the wheels I chose

The black wheels are a lot easier to take care of for sure. I honestly like the look of chrome better, but Montana winters are hard on them.

·
Registered
131 Posts
There is a Blue one around here with Teflons on it, and I think it looks really good!

Here is mine.

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
DO a search there are pages of them.

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here is the deal. I live in Ontario. I currently just bought a set of 17" wheels from discount tires, and have 285 BFG's. I want bigger wheels. are you interested in a trade?

·
Registered
410 Posts
here is a pic of mine with black rims, but i am really digging the H2 look like whats on clintlohmeyer truck

·
Registered
103 Posts
51Jeep - Thanks for the compliment. My old roomate was from Sanger. Stormy Mccuistion. He is a game warden there now. You know him.

·
Registered
391 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
51Jeep - Thanks for the compliment. My old roomate was from Sanger. Stormy Mccuistion. He is a game warden there now. You know him.

lol ya i know him, i am a couple years older than him, he graduated high school with my sister, he lives about 2 miles from me and about a half mile from my parents. he went to A&M for his game warden and my brother went to Tech for his game wardern degree, my brother is just waiting to get in the academy so he can become a warden.

Who machined you h2's, and do you know what the backspacing is on them, been thinking about putting some on mine...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts