Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

2500 truck weight

3043 18
Anyone ever actually have their truck weighed? I have a 2500 4X4 crew cab with the 6.4 bed. Reason I'm asking is because I have a 9000lb 2 post lift at my house and just wondering where I'm at with the limitations.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
You should be fine. My truck in sig is right at 8000 by itself. Thats with the heavy nv5600 trans. I lift it on my 9000 lbs 2 post lift. I dont like to just because the trucks so long. But it does it just fine.

·
Registered
233 Posts
The title on the 2013 I had, crew cab, short bed, diesel and automatic was 7200 lbs. For what its worth.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
truck in my sig, is anywhere from 7160 to 7400 lbs, depending on fuel level. At work, we have a 150,000 lb certified truck scale, that measures in 20 lb increments.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Funny you should ask...I just had my 3500 weighed today. The truck, a full tank of fuel, myself, several bags of groceries, and the Andersen Ultimate 5th wheel hitch in the bed weighed 8330 lbs.
Adding the hitch weight of nearly 3,000 lbs from my loaded Montana fifth-wheel, and about 400 lbs of additional cargo in my truck, and I'm sitting at 20 lbs. over my legal sticker weight limit (11,700 lbs)

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
I had mine weighed on a CAT scale.

With all fluids filled up, otherwise completely empty (me, out of the truck), it's gross weight was 7180 and split weight was 4480 front and 2700 rear.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. I have always found that the "written list" of weights are always off. Its better to actually have it weighed. The guy that was 8400lbs on the other thread was a mega cab. I am guessing mine is in the high 7000's. I think I might take it to a scale and weigh it. I don't want to be worried about being under it while its on my lift.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Thanks. I have always found that the "written list" of weights are always off. Its better to actually have it weighed. The guy that was 8400lbs on the other thread was a mega cab. I am guessing mine is in the high 7000's. I think I might take it to a scale and weigh it. I don't want to be worried about being under it while its on my lift.
It's a little piece of information that is good to have and it only cost $10.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I know it is not a 2500 but just for reference my 2013 3500 DRW 4X4 CC Laramie that is pretty loaded with spray in liner and a full tank of fuel is 8460. So with that I would think unless you have a big tool box loaded and other things in the bed you should be fine.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I know it is not a 2500 but just for reference my 2013 3500 DRW 4X4 CC Laramie that is pretty loaded with spray in liner and a full tank of fuel is 8460. So with that I would think unless you have a big tool box loaded and other things in the bed you should be fine.
That's about the norm for all the HD trucks. Not much payload leftover on the Ram , Chevy or Ford HDs. That's only 1540 payload with no passengers. Let 4 full size people ride with ya, with gear and crap and ur payload is less than 500 lbs.

These are tow-ers not show-ers. Lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
122 Posts
That's about the norm for all the HD trucks. Not much payload leftover on the Ram , Chevy or Ford HDs. That's only 1540 payload with no passengers. Let 4 full size people ride with ya, with gear and crap and ur payload is less than 500 lbs.

These are tow-ers not show-ers. Lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
No, you must have missed that I have a 3500 DRW which has a 14,000# GVWR so I have 5540# leftover on my truck. I was just using my DRW truck as a point of how much it weighs and that he should have no problems with a 2500 on his 9000# capacity lift.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Anyone know how much more the 13's weigh over the 10-12's, if any?

·
Red Rider
2022 RAM 5500 Tradesman Crew Cab & Chassis 4X4
17,062 Posts
Anyone know how much more the 13's weigh over the 10-12's, if any?
I doubt there's a huge weight difference, if any, since the new frame & rear suspension changes did take effect on the 2500's until 2014.

·
Registered
50 Posts
FWIW I have a 10000lb Bend Pak in my shop. It has no problem with trucks our size as long as they are properly centered. Heres my last truck on it, it weighed 7800ish empty. I wouldn't be nervous about it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
You can call the manufacture of your lift and find out how it was rated. Most lifting devices manufactured in the USA are tested/rated to a 125% safety factor. How the load is distributed on any lifting device is Very important!
That phone call "could" give you peace of mind while your under it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.