Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im swapping a 24valve into a 82 ford f100 the thing is I bought the engine and tranny both for 1300 and is missing some stuff. It has no lift pump or filter on the block and was wondering if I could install a FASS or Air-dog and not have to put the factory lift pump and filter.

Also would anyone have a full harness for sale?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Yes on the lift
pump. If you're actually describing the lift pump (fuel tank)?
The high pressure pump must be on the engine and be correct for your engine if that's what's missing.
An F100 isn't nearly up to supporting the weight of a Cummins 6.7? Maybe a 4 banger.
You need an F250 or F350 ex-diesel truck with a Dana 60 or an I beam axle for that 24V..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
After you figure out the suspension,

The engine will have a serial number.
What's the part number on the ECU?
The year matters, sometimes the 1/2 year.
Then we need to know which transmission you have.
We won't know which harness, sensors, et al you'll need until we know more details.

FASS / AirDog is a good idea.
There's some work to do before worrying about the lift pump.
Interesting project, in any case.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yes on the lift
pump. If you're actually describing the lift pump (fuel tank)?
The high pressure pump must be on the engine and be correct for your engine if that's what's missing.
An F100 isn't nearly up to supporting the weight of a Cummins 6.7? Maybe a 4 banger.
You need an F250 or F350 ex-diesel truck with a Dana 60 or an I beam axle for that 24V..

Sorry for being unclear, The engine is missing both the pump and filter that goes on the side of the block. I wanted to keep it 2wd was the thing, for suspension so far Ive put the springs from a F350 it didn't really compress that much. I have nothing electrical so im in need of everthing. The tranny is a 47re

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After you figure out the suspension,

The engine will have a serial number.
What's the part number on the ECU?
The year matters, sometimes the 1/2 year.
Then we need to know which transmission you have.
We won't know which harness, sensors, et al you'll need until we know more details.

FASS / AirDog is a good idea.
There's some work to do before worrying about the lift pump.
Interesting project, in any case.
Serial Number i could get off the driver side of the engine read 07E8AH unfortunately I dont have a ECU, And Im sure its a 47re. I think the year it came out of was a 98 the guy who sold it to me wasn't to sure either. All help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
388 Posts
First thing is with as little expense as possible (?) get the engine running before finalizing the install.
You might find the fuel system is missing for a reason. Lots of stuff missing that will be required for even cranking the engine. You might find that electronics from various year model ranges that will work if all from the same truck. Such as harness, ECM, sensors all from a compatible year.
Maybe find trashed donor complete truck with electronics intact might be cheaper than piecing together.
Are the emissions intact? That could add another layer of issues.
Assuming the rest of the original engine donor truck isn't available? Why were they separated?
Start with a compression test.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
In general, Cummins engine serial numbers consist of eight (8) digits, e.g. 79012323.
Try this thread:

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
And this:
"Your Engine Serial Number is located on the front cover driver's side,look for number by Engine Family. Also check with Frieghtliner for any part on the engine usually a little cheaper than cumming's."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts