Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! First post, but I have looked at this site for roughly a year. I have a 98.5 24V 2500, 4x4, rebuilt auto (like a week ago!), 146,000 miles. I totalled this truck a year ago and rebuilt it, so it's paid off. However, it's a regular cab, and I'd like to have something with more cab space. Thinking of doing a swap to a ford or chevy 4 door truck (Mid 90's). Most swaps I've read about use the 12V. I would assume this is caused by simplicity of install and availability. If anyone has any information on swapping a 24V, drivetrain and all, feel free to post up! Also, if you got opinions, let's hear em!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ok, what would you like to know? Swaping the 24v is a pain mainly due to all the wiring that goes along with it. The way I did mine was to take pritty much all the wiring harness from the 24v trucks and transplant it in to my truck. Its been a lot of fun trying to teach myself what the heck I'm doing as far as all the wiring goes:thud:. But if you have a donor truck then it shouldn't be all that bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm most concerned with electrical issues. I am pretty sure I'd like to go with a mid 90's Ford 4 door. I am no stranger to fabrication, so motor mounts and crossmembers are not an issue. I am just curious to know what people have had to do with 24v's to adapt them into this style of truck. Also, in your opinion, since you swapped in a 24V, would you do it again? I have free running 4x4 diesel, but the 12V would be a much better swap. Would it be best to use my entire truck as a donor, or sell my truck and buy a Ford truck and a 12V and piece that together? Once again, all input is appreciated!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I think that I would do it again. Its been a chalenge, and not many people are uesing the 24v. And I was really wanting something that is one of a kind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts