Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Coletrain
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an '01 3500 4X4 dually with a built tranny and an almost completly rebuild front end for a resonable price. The thing is it dropped a rod threw the oil pan. anyone know where I could find a good rebuild kit with new rods all the ones i've seen are just new pistons, rings and gaskets.

·
Rescue Tower
10,827 Posts
That just dosen't happen very often. Did he tell you the reason for the rod? As for parts I would get them from Cummins.

·
Coletrain
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I was thinking, my guess is a little bit to much careless hot roddin'. I'll try calling a local dealer about a kit.

·
Rescue Tower
10,827 Posts
It takes A LOT of carless hot rodding. How built is the transmission?

·
Coletrain
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heavy duty bands, clutches, converter. No billet stuff but heavy than stock anyway. Called the guy again he's got like 7-8 guys coming to look at it this weekend, so I think I'm gonna pass on this one.

·
Rescue Tower
10,827 Posts
I think that is a good idea. A rod is about the last thing I ever hear of breaking... Not sure I would trust the guy.

·
Coletrain
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think the wife would have been to happy either If I haven't got her '95 12v all put back together yet and try to bring another project home. :whip: hahaha

·
Rescue Tower
10,827 Posts
I don't think the wife would have been to happy either If I haven't got her '95 12v all put back together yet and try to bring another project home. :whip: hahaha
LOL... that's about like bringing home another woman without discussing it first! :hehe:

·
Registered
109 Posts
If it drop t a rod threw the pan the crank probably is wrecked,or badly damaged also.and those aint cheap either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts