Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking into doing the p pump conversion on my truck.. i just dont like the limitations of the vp 44. yes being able to turn the chip down is good and all but i run them on the highest level all the time any ways:headbang: anyways i just would like to get some imput on this from the people that have done it. any feed back is helpful.
thanks all for your time
-Cory

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Im just giving you a heads up, it is not as easy and bolt-up as most people think they are. In order to do a p-pump conversion on a 24valve, you have to remove the front bumper, radiator, intercooler, pull the cam, etc... It is not a simple task to do by any means. If you are serious about doing it then you better have the knowledge and funds to do so. I think in the $2000 range would be a good estimate on how much the conversion will cost, assuming you aren't going to be using a built pump. Just be sure you're ready for some work and money before you get into it.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why do you have to take out the cam??

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am not at all sure as to why, but my guess is to change the pump mounting plate?

Dustin

·
Registered
252 Posts
Correct, It needs to be removed so the timing cover can be switched to a 12v cover.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts