Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀&
1,617 Posts
Yessir, nots even that hard. i ended up doing it without the tubing bender. i just put them in a vise and used a torch to heat them up barely glowing. Slow and steady. It took me about 3-4hrs

·
Registered
974 Posts
Well im just reading up on p pumpin lol dreaming....i got some parts but i ben holding off because i wana find a 12v with a nv4500 in it then i can kill 2 birds with one stone nv swap and ppump

·
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀&
1,617 Posts
I wish we had better manual tranny options. but to make it strong enough to tow, its really hard to make it stand up to lightning shifts. Playing offroad this weekend i got to thinking about what a pain the non sycro ten speed would be. maybe it wont be that bad. idk.

What do you have now? 47re? How is that two birds with one stone? its more like two deer on the same hunting trip.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Yea i have a 47re i hate the dam thing...it behaves fine and all i just hate a auto period...im a truck driver and i guss im used to bein on what gear i want wen i want it with out having to worry bout how long it will hold up....with a manual 4 things will happen 1. It goes 2. The wheels spin 3. The clutch slips and 4 something broke....keep it simple the way i look at it

·
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀&
1,617 Posts
there are always the fuller options. Im so ready to swap to the ten speed. this 5600 is getting stiff. its gotten to where i double clutch most shifts.

i hope i like the ten speed. but hell if i dont, the fso6406 wont be that hard to swap to.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
im in the market for some lines myself. not in a huge rush so i keeping looking in all the for sale ads. maybe i will come across some for less than $570

·
Registered
360 Posts
Why are they so expensive? it doesnt seem like they would cost that damn much. maybe im wrong but they seem awful high.
If you know someone who has a hand-held flaring tool by Snap-On or Mac they make, or come with, the dies to make these lines!

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
If you know someone who has a hand-held flaring tool by Snap-On or Mac they make, or come with, the dies to make these lines!
:hehe: good luck with that! :rof
Prolly ought to LOOK at a set of lines before making stupid remarks. If it was a simple flare, most folks would make their own. it isnt.

·
Registered
360 Posts
there are always the fuller options. Im so ready to swap to the ten speed. this 5600 is getting stiff. its gotten to where i double clutch most shifts.

i hope i like the ten speed. but hell if i dont, the fso6406 wont be that hard to swap to.

Better check out and see of you have enough room for that before you buy it. the "truck" trannys can get really big!

·
Registered
360 Posts
:hehe: good luck with that! :rof
Prolly ought to LOOK at a set of lines before making stupid remarks. If it was a simple flare, most folks would make their own. it isnt.

As I said Sir Know It All - - the tool and parts ARE there to make the lines. Just because you haven't looked into it don't bash me for suggesting it..........because I HAVE looked into it.

Bottom line - if the factory did it why the heck do YOU think someone else can't do it? You PROLLY ought to yank your head out of your butt before you bash someone who has taken the time to do the research.

I DIDN'T SAY IT IS A "SIMPLE" FLARE I SAID THAT MAC HAS THE DIES TO MAKE IT. THE ONLY THING SIMPLE HERE IS THE ONE WHO REFUSES TO LISTEN TO WHAT OTHERS TELL HIM! IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BENEFIT FROM WHAT I SAY THEN GO JERK SOMEONE ELSE'S CHAIN, CAUSE I DON'T CARE WHAT SOME DUFUS SAYS.

My life is based on reality and fact - not fantasy and ignorance.

Got anything else stupid to say?

·
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀&
1,617 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
........because I HAVE looked into it.
keep looking. You somehow missed the part about they arent flared.

Bottom line - if the factory did it why the heck do YOU think someone else can't do it? Why cant you take your "skilz" and a lump of raw ore and make your own truck? the factory did. surely you can too! :hehe:
You PROLLY ought to yank your head out of your butt before you bash someone who has taken the time to do the research. when you meet him, be sure to shake MY hand!

I DIDN'T SAY IT IS A "SIMPLE" FLARE I SAID THAT MAC HAS THE DIES TO MAKE IT. THE ONLY THING SIMPLE HERE IS THE ONE WHO REFUSES TO LISTEN TO WHAT OTHERS TELL HIM! IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BENEFIT FROM WHAT I SAY THEN GO JERK SOMEONE ELSE'S CHAIN, CAUSE I DON'T CARE WHAT SOME DUFUS SAYS.
then why are you here asking stupid questions that have already been answered?

I think you already have that covered. :thumbsup:

·
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀&
1,617 Posts
I know you do!!!!

these "flares" are welded on. you said nothing about a high precision welding setup... Yes they make them at the factory but they can afford tools that cost a lot more than what you can afford.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
What an awesome Thread hijack :rolleyes:

No news on other vendors? I'm running pretty much as many clamps as can fit and just broke what has to be my 13th or 14th line in 15 months/25,000 miles. The first lines were used bent/unbent/rebent, some were new Cummins new 24v lines rebent when things broke (which I'm probably going to have to do again tomorrow), and I've had 2 full sets of prebent preclamped lines plus individual replacement lines in between the full set replacement.

I need other options, otherwise I'm going to have to just swap a 12v head on this block. I can't keep dealing with broken lines like this.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I'm not a big fan of schieds lines. I've had two sets, both have had fitment issues. The first set I couldn't get on for the life of me so I had to take all the clamps off and put them on one by one. Then It took me about 4 hours to get the clamps back on and I couldn't get the last clamp on. They said they wouldn't warranty it if all the clamps were not on so I had to purchase a new set from them (they charged me part by part $663 and change for just the lines and clamps) which would be refunded once I returned the bad set.

On the first set, one of the clamps (they are very heavy duty) was disfigured from them right out of the box because the lines were bent so bad that it messed up the clamp permanently.

The second set I had to pay $110 brokerage fees from UPS (their shipping choice) to get the new lines shipped to me. The new lines will go on in about 1 hour and a half. Two lines are making contact about an inch away from one of the clamps which is something I can do nothing about. The same mount is also pressing on the intake plate which is supposed to be a bad thing. I brought this up to them and they said that they would not warranty it if it breaks due to application... They never once admitted that they were wrong but were sorry I wasn't happy with the lines.

I hope somebody who can buid a proper set of lines more consistently will start selling them.

I don't think I will ever order anything from that company ever again.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts