Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of all the vendors that sell 24V p-pump conversion fuels lines, who's are the best fitting and best qualiy lines? Or are all the vendors getting them from the same source?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
id say jamies over at cpps would be good quality. normally his stuff is great quality.

i read some where that farm truck diesel has good price on theres?

·
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀&
1,617 Posts
They must be a lot of fun. I'm going to bend my stock lines. Worst that can happen is I end up buying a set if mine leak.

·
Registered
41 Posts
your wasting your time they are just going to crack either now or after plus they all have to be the same length with the same amount of bends to accomadate fuel injection timing.

·
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀&
1,617 Posts
your wasting your time they are just going to crack either now or after plus they all have to be the same length with the same amount of bends to accomadate fuel injection timing.
I'm broke now, hopefully if/when they crack I won't be. I know they have to be the same lenth and I'm going to bend them the same as sheids pump swap lines. My stock VP lines are all the same lenth. Oh and from what I hear the prebent P24 injection lines don't have a good record either. I am at least going to try it. I have a good tubing bender and a good way to heat them.

But really does anyone know why they are $500? Is it just a huge profit margin? Or does the tubing cost 3 bucks an inch?

·
Registered
663 Posts
I'm broke now, hopefully if/when they crack I won't be. I know they have to be the same lenth and I'm going to bend them the same as sheids pump swap lines. My stock VP lines are all the same lenth. Oh and from what I hear the prebent P24 injection lines don't have a good record either. I am at least going to try it. I have a good tubing bender and a good way to heat them.

But really does anyone know why they are $500? Is it just a huge profit margin? Or does the tubing cost 3 bucks an inch?
Because they are all bent by hand and the lines and nuts themselves are not all that cheap. By the time you get the line and then silver-solder the ends on and bend them I could see it being somewhat labor intensive.

·
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀&
1,617 Posts
Because they are all bent by hand and the lines and nuts themselves are not all that cheap. By the time you get the line and then silver-solder the ends on and bend them I could see it being somewhat labor intensive.
Figured its something like this but i still seems high does it not?

·
Registered
712 Posts
It may seem high but only ONE company making them and all made by hand. I can see them being that much. I'm glad I got my swap used.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Don't quote me on this. But I've heard of the stainless cracking more often because of their rigidity. Make sure when you install the lines you put all the supports and holders on them to keep them from vibrating. Id like to hear more info on this from somebody else.

·
Registered
70 Posts
whats your oppion on stailess steel or just the normal mild steel?
I have stainless lines on my truck and i cracked the #6 line tightening the connector at the head. Replaced the line and have not had any trouble since then.

·
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀&
1,617 Posts
Still running my VP lines. i was looking at them today and need to spend a little more time securing them but they arent leaking.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts