Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed my install of a thoroughbred vp44 and a fass 165, and I’m hoping to get every ounce of life possible out of my new vp44. I have a fuel pressure gauge and a low pressure warning light plumbed in for peace of mind, but what concerns me is if I were to let a female drive and she weren’t paying attention to the little red light on the dash. So... the question is, has anyone ever tried to wire a pressure switch into something that will actually kill the engine if fuel pressure gets low? If so let’s see how you did it so we can all get our 1k+ Dollars out of our vp’s!

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
That’s a really bad idea, especially with someone unsuspecting behind the wheel. Trucking down the road at 70mph+ maybe around a curve and your truck dies, losing power steering and brakes possibly hooked to a trailer. Not to mention with a screamin hot turbo.

Reactions: gsbrockman

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
Not worth losing your truck and possibly your lady or yourself while trying to save $1,000 on an injector pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts