Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever do it? how hard is it? got a shot at a dash and seats that id like to try to put in my 95

·
Registered
116 Posts
hey man if you figure any thing out can you let me now i am trying to figure the same thing out

·
Registered
17,617 Posts
The seats probably could be made to fit without too much trouble, but I doubt the dash would work. Completely different electronics mean different wire bundle connectors. Just one example is the odometer. I do not believe the heater controls are any where near the same either.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the seats will bolt right in, as well as door panels, and headliner and such. A pillar covers have different mounts and contours.

What im hopin is that the entire dash assembly can be swapped, like the steel frame and everything, The odometer has roughly the same miles as mine, but mines off to begin with. I'm gonna look it over hard, im thinking about doin it more towards spring though, as I dont like even looking outside now, let alone being out there every day like i have to.

·
Registered
10,784 Posts
if your looking to swap EVERYTHING, yea it will 'fit'

But like mentioned, the trucks are COMPLETELY different when it comes to electronics. plan on a few weeks worth of wiring to get the 24v dash to work LOL

Personally, i think the dash swap is alot more work than its worth, but updating the seats and panels sure wont hurt!

·
Registered
164 Posts
So a complete set of seats from 98.5-2002 will fit in our trucks?? I thought i read somewhere that you needed to do some modifications to the brackets but not 100 on that.
Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took the ones out of my 98 and put them right into my 96 V10 I had, but I took the brackets from the floor up, just the 6 bolts that hold it all to the floor. myabe I just got lucky or somethin but it worked for me.

Im thinkin the dash swap will be more of a project than its worth.. anyone wanna swap trucks? ;)

·
Registered
173 Posts
dont the 98 and up seats have the belt in the seat back ??? ive been looking for a set of seats for my truck cause my uplostery guy isnt in my price range any ideas??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts