Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently in the process of swapping my 99 from a 47re automatic to a NV4500 manual. I bought an 02 wrecked 5 speed truck for the swap, it had all of the parts needed for the swap. Today I pulled the transmission out of the parts truck and noticed that there are no vacuum lines on top of the transfer case of the 02 parts truck (I’ve tried to attach a pic). Is this because it does not have the center axle disconnect like my 99? Would it be easier to keep my transfer case I have in my 99 and just change the input shafts, or would it be easier to bypass the CAD somehow and use the transfer case from the 02? Thanks!!
0C40964A-0CAA-4BBC-B32E-409066B80BAC.jpeg

·
Registered
18,869 Posts
  • Any way you want to do it should work. You may be able to just screw in the vacuum switch into the 02 TC.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
  • Any way you want to do it should work. You may be able to just screw in the vacuum switch into the 02 TC.
Thanks bigfish! I think I’ve decided to just swap the input shafts due to having a buyer lined up for the non CAD front axle and transfer case. It would kind of screw him if I sold him a non CAD axle with a vacuum line transfer case lol

·
Registered
18,869 Posts
I do not see a PTO cover plate on that TC. That owuld make it a DLD or something else, not a DHD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts