Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Smells like Bananas
7,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
540 Posts
Dam thats freaking sweet.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
You can't get any other incentives with this one. In other words you'd pay full MSRP. Just another way for the Stealerships to pull the wool over customers eyes.

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
Yep you get the fuel instead of rebates.

·
Registered
267 Posts
i knew the stealership or should i say DC would find a way to screw us:kill::rant::BS:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ask for the fuel and the rebates! Damn bastards.

·
Registered
159 Posts
you get fuel and half of your rebate on the dodge Cummings. I was at the dealer yesterday and looked at the sales mangers book.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
They are gonna try and get away with one or the other. Its a gimmick. Most people dont hassle the dealer enough to get both. I bet if you get up and walk out in the middle of negotiations you will get a lot better deal. Watching them salemen scramble is funny stuff...LOL

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
They are gonna try and get away with one or the other. Its a gimmick. Most people dont hassle the dealer enough to get both. I bet if you get up and walk out in the middle of negotiations you will get a lot better deal. Watching them salemen scramble is funny stuff...LOL
Yeah I did this when I was looking. It was comical! The salesmen were losing there minds trying to rob me. As long as you go in there knowing you don't have to buy a truck that day, you will win.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The fuel is only for 3 years 12000 miles. Thats 827 gallons they will guarantee based on 15.5 MPG. I know everyone will get different.Lets say diesel makes it to 5 bucks a gallon. That means they will pick up 2 dollars which makes a net 1700 rebate. assuming you drive that much. Gas prices will go up and down so dodge made a slight gamble. You can either take the 5k rebate or the fuel and half the rebate which equates to about the same if you drive 12 k a year and fuel does not go down. Its a smoking mirror to fool the people that buy the extended warranties..lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thought it was too good to be true myself. I take delivery on May 30th and thought I had gotten lucky on this deal. I'm getting a $5,500 rebate on my truck, but AAFES says that I can only have one or the other. I didn't believe them at first, but the Dodge website does say the following:

PROGRAM COMPATIBILITY:
This program is compatible with the following program types, providing the vehicle meets all program eligibility requirements:

Chrysler LLC Employee Advantage/Employee Choice program
Dealership Employee Purchase program
Friends and Family program
Chrysler LLC Affiliate Rewards programs
Chrysler LLC Affinity programs
Automobility program
All other TDM programs
Chrysler LLC/Dealership Employee Bonus Cash programs
National and/or Regional Lease Rate programs
National and/or Regional Lease Loyalty programs
Incompatible programs:

National and/or Regional Consumer Cash Allowance programs
National and/or Regional APR programs
National and/or Regional Lease Cash programs
Compass/Patriot Retail Cash

I fall under the "Consumer Cash Allowance Program." Oh well. I've already convinced myself that my tax rebate is going into my tank. Doesn't change anything, but makes me feel better.

What I still can't understand is why diesel costs more than gas? I am a chemical engineer and have spent years designing and working in refineries. IT COSTS LESS MONEY TO MAKE DIESEL THAN GAS! Some people say it's a byproduct of gasoline production which isn't true. A byproduct can't be used for anything else. Diesel is simply a heavier hydrocarbon that is taken off the distillation column before the gas. If you recycled it enough times and sent it through the cracking process again you could turn it into gasoline at a higher production cost. Only thing I can figure is that diesel must be getting taxed more than gasoline. Diesels have earned a bad reputation over the years from people who really don't understand the chemical makeup of diesel exhaust vs. gasoline exhaust. I can't take it anymore. As soon as I hit 100,000 miles the DPF is coming off. I wonder how the crazy lady with the crazy You Tube videos feels about that? I PLAN TO MELT MY OWN ICE BERG WITH THIS TRUCK! How do you like them apples?!?!

·
Registered
717 Posts
You can't get any other incentives with this one. In other words you'd pay full MSRP. Just another way for the Stealerships to pull the wool over customers eyes.
Not true...my local Dodge dealer, after I called him about the fuel, said I also get 4500. cash back. I asked him if this was correct and he said yes. I said ok!

·
Here to learn
1,438 Posts
I talked to my dealer about this. I get $6500 in rebates ($4500 rebate + $2000 customer loyalty cash). Or if I want the gas deal, I'd get that plus the $2000 customer loyalty. He figured it out and it's be basically a wash if diesel prices rose at the same rate they are now. He gave me prices on an 08 2500 quad short box. $39k with the gas, and $35k without the gas. But since I don't own another Dodge vehicle, it'd be $41k with the gas and $37 without. Not a good deal if you ask me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts