Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

235hp ca cummins programmer

3670 Views 25 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Dodgezilla
I was told the smarty will program my truck to 305 then add the described hp numbers from there. will any of the other programmers do this? From what i have read the prediator sport seems like it would suit me pretty well but will it flash me to 305 then add hp or just add to the 235hp? I hope i have not brought up a topic that has already been trampled, I have been lingering for a wile trying to find the answer on my own.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
them fine folks at diablo dont answer there phones. I spent 30 min on hold the other day and hung up. I also posted on the forum with similar results. anyone else know?

· Registered
5,872 Posts
I think Smarty is the only one that does that. The others all add lots of power though....

Keep in mind, any of the Downloaders out there on the higher tunes will slip your stock clutch pretty easily. Saying you have all that power is great but if your truck can't handle it then what good is it!?!?!?

· Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was hoping the prediator did this. its said that these trucks will tolearate 100 extra hp over stock(305). would me tuning my truck on a 170hp tune be the equalant? It just seems to me that a 170hp tune to a 235 would be differeent than a 100 to a 305 in the wear and tear on the system to hop it up 170hp

· Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anyone out there with a 235 cali use the prediator?

· Registered
81 Posts
I have the 250hp motor and have been running the rkl tune on my predator since day one. It runs pretty strong on my truck id say. I have run beta 4.2 and yes it does run a little bit harder then my predator but it wasnt worth the $ difference to me. The main thing i noticed was that the smarty had no torque management but with a stock clutch it wont last long. For the price you cant beat it.

· Premium Member
919 Posts
The problem i had with the Diablo and the Beta programs was the Torque Management (or shift defueling). Niether program would get rid of it until TNT came along. I was trying to race the truck though, that may not be the case with you.

· Cummins StormTrooper
76 Posts
I run the Van Aaken C3.2 on my 250hp and it made a world of difference adding 130hp the only down side is I have to watch my EGT's like a hawk. I just Put on the 5" MBRP exhaust lets see how the numbers fair now. View attachment Dodge Ram Burnout.wmv Click to watch. Before I had my exhaust, C3.2 with no exhaust just down pipe 5 feet from turbo.

· Registered
81 Posts
Yeh the shift defuel kinda sucks. I was told that the BD R.A.D. gets rid of all torque management and all the shift defueling. I have seen it work on my buddies 99. Made the truck run a 13.6 instead of a 15.5, so i figured id try one. Should be here this week or next.

· Premium Member
919 Posts
Yeh the shift defuel kinda sucks. I was told that the BD R.A.D. gets rid of all torque management and all the shift defueling. I have seen it work on my buddies 99. Made the truck run a 13.6 instead of a 15.5, so i figured id try one. Should be here this week or next.
Yup, i ran that when i was trying everything else that didn't delete the TQ management. It works exactly the same as having it deleted in the program. The only down side is that it kills the whole dash.

· Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
anyone else use the prediator on the 235

· Registered
236 Posts
im wanting to run a Smarty Jr on my 235 motor as well, any input on this? running it on an auto gonna cause any issues on just the economy (40hp) tune?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.