Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

22 psi

1386 18
i have replaced all lines removed fuel heater replaced the pump and over flow valve and filter ...is 22 psi enough pressure at idle and wot??? 97 12v
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it dosent change at all on my truck,,just stays at 22 psi no matter where the rpm is

· Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have a stock plate just slid it fwd and cranked the star wheel up..lil black smoke on take off for about 5 feet then clear and will spin the dual tires in 2nd gear

· I want to marry my truck
1,679 Posts
i have a stock plate just slid it fwd and cranked the star wheel up..lil black smoke on take off for about 5 feet then clear and will spin the dual tires in 2nd gear
did you post in the wrong place?

1,679 Posts
it dosent change at all on my truck,,just stays at 22 psi no matter where the rpm is
absolutely no movement? even at WOT? You sure your gauge is working?

· Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no just wanted to tell u how she was running

· Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I Used A Manual Vac/press Guage..it Worked As Far As Telling Me I Only Had 6 Lbs So I Changed The Ofv And It Went To 22psi

· Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the heater filter and the main filter

1,679 Posts
So both filters, OFV, and the lift pump? Unless there is something in the lines before the lift pump, or maybe something wrong with the injector pump itself, I have no idea man, sorry :(

· Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the question is will anything get hurt at that pressure or is it enough to be safe

· Registered
1,639 Posts
Try squeezing off rubber return line behind the fuel filter and see what pressure does. If pressure does not increase at idle then you may have gotten a weak lift pump. Don't keep line squeezed no longer than necessary to read the gauge because high pressure can damage injection pump. Unless injection pump is leaking fuel out or dumping it in the oil, then injection pump shouldn't be to blame. Your gauge could also be sticking at 22 and just not going higher.

· Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i guess i could give that a try...the guage i have is a good guage liquid fill and brand new... but will c...

1,679 Posts
Even so, till you figure it out, I ran mine at 12psi idle forever till I even learned I had a problem. Maybe 18psi tops cruising. Mine still running fine (I did get it fixed though). Low pressure for a short term shouldn't hurt it, as long as it's still flowing. Biggest thing I noticed was the power gain when I got it fixed.

· Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for the info mad mike

· Registered
443 Posts
yea mine sits at about 17 psi at idle...maybe goes to 23 wide open...either my lift pump or prefilter is clogged gonna try that and see. let me know what you find out about yours.

· Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yea mine sits at about 17 psi at idle...maybe goes to 23 wide open...either my lift pump or prefilter is clogged gonna try that and see. let me know what you find out about yours.
im gonna try changing my main filter again...maybe got some muck in it,,,i only have about 1000 miles on it changed it back when i started having sum problems then i just changed everything else

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.