Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im at a fork here a ats torque converter is about the same as adapters and tires for 22.5inch rims, that i already have just missing the tires and adaptors. idk wat to do im happy at the speed im going it may not be very fast but she still really fun to drive and you dont need much for a power joke so idk it would really help if you guys gave me ur opinions :confused013:

· Banned
544 Posts
Suncoast Triple Disc Converter :thumbsup:

· Banned
1,106 Posts
Goerend Torque converter, do the custom valve body to while your at it, power over looks, but thats just my opinion.

· Rescue Tower
11,008 Posts
Another vote for a quality TC. It's a required part for building a strong truck to do whatever you want.

· Premium Member
21,579 Posts
IMO i would do the tranny work first. those wheels add weight and in the long run may hurt you. plus if you burn the tranny up i could end up costing more in the long run. i built my tranny before i even put the ez on it.....:lol4:

· Registered
1,654 Posts
x100000 on the TC...:thumbsup:
^^ when are you gonna start moddin your truck? you still dont have an aftermarket fuel pump. ^^

but id go torque converter all the way. My brother bought a set of semi tires/rims and adapters and theyve been sitting for over 6 months now because hes questioning himself if he wants to put them on or not because of all the extra wear.

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i dont think the 22.5's would be that bad on the tranny since i got 4:10's well ive decided for a torque converter but too shure weather to go with the ats or suncoast

· Registered
327 Posts
niether tq will be a bad one ive got the ats and i love it but its all up to you. imo i dont think there is much difference between the two besides price maybe. i could be wrong tho:confused013:

· Premium Member
21,579 Posts
i you don't try to get a lot of fuel out of your truck you should be fine with a gauge to watch you FP. FYI an ATS converter is heavy but i like mine so far. i drive mine to and from work with a little pulling on the weekends

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.