Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting Alcoa's for my truck.. On the website it says that I need a 2" Front Leveling Kit, But even with the extra 2" I still think it won't be enough to clear the wheels!!!

I did a lot searching and I only see 4x4 running the 22.5..

I really don't want to get the shaved 22"

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
With that size tires, have you figured out the gearing change you have to do to make it drivable. I worked at a truck dealership and one customer took of 17" tires and put on 22.5's and it had an automatic and a 360 gas in an FL 50 and the poor thing was driving in second gear on the freeway at 60 mph as it didn't have the power to get into third let alone OD. Measure the outside diameter of your stock tires and then the tires you want, then talk to a gear shop to get the gearing you need.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Your truck will pull the 22.5s just fine with the 6spd. I too thought the 22.5s wouldn't fit, but they will. I know a guy that is running the 22.5s on his 2wd. He is only using a 2" leveing kit. They work perfect on his truck, but I'm still not 100% sure they will work on all 2wds.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I have a 2wd and I am piecing parts together to run 22.5's as well. it almost looks like they will clear on my truck with no lift but I am going to get the 2" spacer just to play it safe.

·
SC Chapter President
1,288 Posts
No worries about the 22.5s my brother!! I have researched this topic for about 2 years, and with a leveling kit on the front of your 2wd, THEY WILL FIT!!!!! I have a friend who didn't believe me, so I took his off of his truck, and put them on my 2wd truck just to prove my point!

·
Registered
10 Posts
o4sshd.......

You won't need a lift with that truck!!! I have an 07 2wd and only needed a 2inch lift with 22.5s. I bought the alcoas from ground force in miami. I have a six speed and rpm drop was about 300rpm @ 70mph. Spend the money, they are sweet. I get compliments all the time, Scott

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No worries about the 22.5s my brother!! I have researched this topic for about 2 years, and with a leveling kit on the front of your 2wd, THEY WILL FIT!!!!! I have a friend who didn't believe me, so I took his off of his truck, and put them on my 2wd truck just to prove my point!
Sounds great! I'm gonna order a 2" leveling kit tonight!

And as soon as my 03 Cobra sells I will be ordering the 22.5 classics.:thumbsup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts