Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all the individuals who have the 22.5" converison, is anyone running a Drive/Steer tire combo on a 4x4? I am getting ready to convert here shortly and after researching this topic extensively, I can't find a drive/steer combo tire that has the same rotating diameter. The most common size (255/70R22.5) has ~0.6 difference in overall height between drive and steer application tires. I think this would be very bad for the transfer case since it is always turning. I don't want to run a drive tire on the front due to poor wear characteristics over time. Thoughts?

prestinb (Brandon)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This thread is now a month old with no replies? So...no one is running a drive / steer combo?

prestinb (Brandon)

·
Registered
1 Posts
22.5 conversion drive/steer combo

I did the conv about a month ago, purchased new fronts and purchased recaps with grips for the rear. the recap shop made sure the caps were made to the same circ. as the fronts. I am in the trucking business and have complete confidence in recaps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts