Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to install 3'' BDS lift....what would be the bolder set-up without giving the truck a total off-road look, a 20x9 incubus 815 crawler wheel with 305/55/r20 nitto terra grappler or 17x9 Incubus 815 crawler wheel with 305/65/17 falken wild peak. I like the 33x12.5 tires but all of them seem to be too aggressive. So many optiuons out there, it is hard to decide especially on the 2011. More concerned about the set-up, like the wheels etc. are not to big or too small. Opinions or pics???? Thanks

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
what about no lift and keep the stock 17s?

here's mine:

no lift, stock wheels rollin on 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail's with only slight rubbing at full lock.

-John

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

here's mine:

no lift, stock wheels rollin on 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail's with only slight rubbing at full lock.

-John
I like. Nice to know you got them to fit!!! I think i want a little lift so i keep the same spacing about the wheels wells.

·
Registered
233 Posts
There is WAY too much space in the wheel wells stock. Those 35's look good. 37's look too tight.

BTW: My truck is just like yours and I dont think I will last another week with stock tires after seeing pics of your truck.......... Money, cant take it with you when you die, might as well spend it.

·
Registered
978 Posts
You don't need a lift to do 20's. Just go with either the 17 or the 20 but keep away from the crazy jacks. I went with the 20's.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
The 17" with big rubber look way beefier than the 20" wheels and low profile tires( look more street/car like). Better ride with the 17 or 18 inch wheels too.

·
Registered
464 Posts

here's mine:

-John
wow :shock: man i like your truck i have the same truck and just ordered a level and 35's Nitto M/T' sitting on the stock rims i cant wait after looking at your truck!!! very nice :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Reactions: 2011blackcummins

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
the only issue running the stock wheels is the width of the wheel. I had a set of 35x12.50x17 and the Nittos would not run evenly because of the wheel. they just aren't wide enough to get the best tire wear and longevity. JMO in short wider tires on stock wheels will wear quicker than wider tires on wider wheels...

·
Registered
543 Posts
The 17" with big rubber look way beefier than the 20" wheels and low profile tires( look more street/car like). Better ride with the 17 or 18 inch wheels too.
Agreed. No lift with stock 17s with aggressive 33s or 35s with tasteful 18s are hard combos to beat.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the only issue running the stock wheels is the width of the wheel. I had a set of 35x12.50x17 and the Nittos would not run evenly because of the wheel. they just aren't wide enough to get the best tire wear and longevity. JMO in short wider tires on stock wheels will wear quicker than wider tires on wider wheels...
any pics? sooo tough to decide!!!

·
Registered
464 Posts
what do you mean not run evenly??:confused013:

·
Registered
8,732 Posts
I like both of the looks that you are talking about.... I just like the way a 20" wheel looks and thats the way it is on my truck.

What I would do if I were you is buy the 17" tire that you want and put them on there...

Then, find the exact 20" wheel that you want and put the 305/55 when you find the tire you want and have two sets so when you want to change it up swap them!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like both of the looks that you are talking about.... I just like the way a 20" wheel looks and thats the way it is on my truck.

What I would do if I were you is buy the 17" tire that you want and put them on there...

Then, find the exact 20" wheel that you want and put the 305/55 when you find the tire you want and have two sets so when you want to change it up swap them!
that does look good! any lift? any rubbing issues? those are the 305 tires in the pic right? you know what offset is on rim? and last how far does tire extend out past fender well not including the flare. thanks

·
Registered
8,732 Posts
that does look good! any lift? any rubbing issues? those are the 305 tires in the pic right? you know what offset is on rim? and last how far does tire extend out past fender well not including the flare. thanks
Thanks!

no lift... stock height. just had to do some trimming... no more rubbing

they are procomp tires 305/55

offset on the rim is 4.56 with -12mm back spacing I believe

without the flare they sick out 2" if I remember correctly...

you can kind of picture it with this picture how far they stick out:confused013::confused013:

·
Registered
464 Posts
the 8" wheel makes the outsides of the tread cup on the wider tires. it pulls the side walls in which pulls the tread towards the wheel causes the cupping.
any one with stock rims and bigger tires having this problem????????????

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
any one with stock rims and bigger tires having this problem????????????
this is only an issue when you get to 315s or wider and/or 12.50" or wider. i would say up to 305s and 11.50" you should be ok on the outside of the tread cupping...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts