• Galawcum

Votes: 12 41.4%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THIS MONTH'S THEME: High Mileage
Thanks to @vcv for the idea! See entry rules below, followed by the regular contest rules.
  • Minimum 300k
  • Show pic of odometer
  • Pic of interior and exterior of truck
  • Brief story of truck (major repairs, work truck, etc.

New Contest Rules for 2022
  1. Members participating MUST HAVE at least 20 posts.
  2. Unless otherwise specified for the month, you can submit up to 5 pics.
  3. Keep the banter to a minimum. The thread should remain on topic for my sanity.

Voting will take place the last week of the month. Ideas for future themes should be sent to me via PM. Winners will receive a free year of premium membership, an album in the Cummins of the Month gallery and featured on the homepage until a new contest starts.

Congrats to March's Cummins of the Month, @DenaliRam!
Tire Vehicle Wheel Snow Car

·
Premium Member
12 Valves, the way a Cummins should be
318 Posts
I know this month is only half over,.... but with all the guys with tons of miles on their trucks, I thought this month's contest would get tons of action from start to finish.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
I know this month is only half over,.... but with all the guys with tons of miles on their trucks, I thought this month's contest would get tons of action from start to finish.
Same. Many folks are proud of their high mileage Cummins and I thought folks would be jumping in to showcase them. Maybe we will get some, I’m really looking forward to seeing them.

·
Registered
97 2500 12 valve #100 fuel plate,4inch lift,37's,80hp injectors 347xxx, 47re billet converter 4kgsk
44 Posts
Car Vehicle Window Motor vehicle Automotive design

Car Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Speedometer Odometer Vehicle Gauge Trip computer

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

bought her in Oregon 4 years ago for 5k put a new transmission with billet converter and shift kit, turbo off a 01 24v gauges 4 inch lift 37's timing bumped to 18.5* 80hp injectors, 4inch turbo back exhaust mbrp, beans billet tappet cover arp head studs new head gasket 60lbs valve springs 4k gsk custom ground fuel plate. She just ate up a 2018 Ford on the highway yesterday made me pretty proud to tell y'all the truth🤘and shes about to move me and my lady to Florida from California.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Same. Many folks are proud of their high mileage Cummins and I thought folks would be jumping in to showcase them. Maybe we will get some, I’m really looking forward to seeing them.
They're too busy putting miles on their trucks...

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Head restraint Car seat cover
Car Vehicle Window Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Speedometer Odometer Gauge Trip computer Automotive mirror
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Car
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

I bought her in July 2014 and there have been many small maintenance projects: FASS 150 install, rear wheel cylinders, new fan hub, oil pressure sensor, and drive shaft U-joints.

Then two years ago, I rebuilt the front end, with all new bushings and Moog replacement parts plus a Redhead Steering gear. I also installed the Wet Okole seat covers with a new cushion. Then I repainted the valve cover, I know it's a little rough, but painting is not my strong suit.

I got her painted last year and started a major job under the hood. I put ARP headstuds, new intercooler boots, a tappet cover, and a 3 piece manifold from Power Driven Diesel. Also rebuilt the turbo and added the BD intake horn. Almost forgot the DAP 100hp injectors.

Now she looks and rides about as good as when brand new and the new injectors with the Edge Juice with Attitude make her a joy to take flying down the highway.

·
Registered
202 Posts
So here is my daily work horse.

So after chasing my friend around for 1-2 years to buy it from him he finally let me take ot off his hands. This is a family truck that has had some really good owners which I knew personally and I figured if I was going to get into a cummins this would be the time.

It had roughly 350k^ on it and practically zero blow by. Trans and tcase had just been rebuilt maybe 20k prior and the injectors not far back.

The end of 2020 I had it resprayed from a friend in exchange for wood work which turned out great because these trucks are expensive to paint. It has had very minor hiccups but overall or 60k miles my maintenance list hasn't been crazy.

The front-end was totally rebuilt last year and the hubs was done a year prior. Fca was replaced as soon as I bought the truck. Only upgrades I've done would be smarty touch(sw3),4.5 lift >awaiting bags for the back,he351swap,Eclutch fan conversion(amazing), dual micron filter setup from GDP,and an aluminum 1p drives shaft.

The truck has been a blast to drive and I am look forward to the next big milestone to come. I use amsoil (once a year change) and the atf/2cy mix < it works and when I don't run it 2-3 tanks later I see my mpg start dropping.

Have to give a Huuuuuuge Thanks to Steve05ram360. He has answered some of the dumbest questions a rookie could ask and with his high mile beauty he has definitely taken a lot of the worry out of owning one of these go getters.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 3500 Laramie CCLB
7,346 Posts
Too much for me............................

·
Super Moderator
4,803 Posts
your truck looks amazing... mine is in shambles compared to yours!
sitting here i now want to go outside and strip mine to the frame, clean it all up...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know voting is nearly done but....

'19 Cummins X15 powered Freightliner cascadia. Couldn't find pic of odometer, sold it at 485k

That Cummins powerplant has a bit more grunt than the Detroit powered trucks, it would catch and pass most other "fleet spec" rigs on the hills. 515hp/1850 ftlbs. Eaton ultrashift 13sp. Dual diff lock and Rockwell lockers on both axles... 8 wheel posi when you need it... And average mpg around 7 loaded to 80k lbs. 12mpg empty which is about 35k lbs with an empty dry van. Only major problem it had in those 480,000mi was the def system.... OEM water pump went at 375k. Cummins knows how to build em!

Sorry, I know this is a people's choice for cummins powered pickups but I'd plug hard for CTD engines in heavy equip on road anytime everytime
(y)

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Studded bored bd exhaust manifold bd turbo bd 4 inch exhaust brake deleted h&s mini max dual disk clutch 3 inch wheel spacers 5500 suspension airbags 285/75/17 nitto dura grappler tires cm bed 75 gallon tank custom roll bar I'm Shure I'm forgetting things
Speedometer Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering wheel Gauge
Motor vehicle Vehicle Window Car seat cover Automotive tire
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Cloud Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive parking light
Cloud Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
15 Posts
Odometer quit working at 372k estimate 415-425k but no way to be sure.
I've done basic mods, timing bump, fuel pin, larger intake.

Attachments

Reactions: CHarrison9612v

·
Super Moderator
4,803 Posts
What about the best rust bucket, like a sleeper.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts