Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I am probably looking in all the wrong places, but I cannot find any Build & Price link for the 2020 Ram Heavy Duty's. All that keeps showing up is 2019. I would have expected that by December Ram would have this up. Anyone have a link or further info?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s been working like posted for a while-
OK, more me posting and more full disclosure--I am no computer geek. I am an older guy who was dragged into this stuff out of necessity. I bring this up because I ran into BOTH possible outcomes of using the linked posted by RAMadaInn. If I copied the link and used Internet Explorer it went to a 2019 B&P page and STAYED that way, even when picking a model no change or notation at the top that it switched to 2020. If I pasted the very same link into my Firefox browser ( I have both on my computer) the web page does exactly what RAMadaInn described. Starts at 2019, then when you pick a model the 2020 page comes up. Beats me.........

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
OK, more me posting and more full disclosure--I am no computer geek. I am an older guy who was dragged into this stuff out of necessity. I bring this up because I ran into BOTH possible outcomes of using the linked posted by RAMadaInn. If I copied the link and used Internet Explorer it went to a 2019 B&P page and STAYED that way, even when picking a model no change or notation at the top that it switched to 2020. If I pasted the very same link into my Firefox browser ( I have both on my computer) the web page does exactly what RAMadaInn described. Starts at 2019, then when you pick a model the 2020 page comes up. Beats me.........
Yeah, head scratcher here, too. I use iPhone safari browser mobile site, and if I change it to “desktop site”, it’ll pull up 2019. So I can definitely see how some can’t get the 2020’s to come up depending on what browser is used.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Clear your browser history, cookies and cache.
Then it will treat that website as a new visit. That’s why it worked in the other browser...it was your first attempt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Regardless, the site's pure trash when you consider the trucks are approaching $90,000. I mean, seriously, put a little effort into improving it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Build and price just worked for me in Firefox by manually changing 2019 to 2020 in the address bar in 3 places. Looks like you can finally build a dually with the night edition.....

·
Registered
143 Posts

Reactions: gsbrockman

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm going to guess it isn't quite right. 3500 6.4 if you pick 4.10s it forces you to a dually.
It looks that way for the 2020. I was able to build a 2019 3500 SRW with 4:10.
Unless I find somewhere that says you have to get a dually to get 4.10s I personally wouldn't trust the build site.

To this day the 3500 long bed forces you to the dually/max tow if you try to pick the safety group, which had been said is not the case.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have a 2020 SRW 3500 on order with Cummins H.O. Aisin combo and 4.10's. I asked 3 times if that was correct and the dealer assured me it was. We shall see.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have a 2020 SRW 3500 on order with Cummins H.O. Aisin combo and 4.10's. I asked 3 times if that was correct and the dealer assured me it was. We shall see.
Maybe but from what I had read it was a mistake. 4.10 not an option even though it was on the build and price online.

·
Registered
788 Posts
It's possible, but i really don't put much weight towards what a dealer tells me. They usually don't know what they are talking about IMO. As others have said, the 4.10 is historically only an option for the DRW.

·
Registered
223 Posts
It's possible, but i really don't put much weight towards what a dealer tells me. They usually don't know what they are talking about IMO. As others have said, the 4.10 is historically only an option for the DRW.
It has to be a dually or gasser Srw but not diesel.

Reactions: Regal2800

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yeah I ordered it via a fleet program through work, as we are an affiliate. I've always known that the 4.10 isn't available with SRW and they said it was so I ordered it that way. I do not have the build sheet from ram but what their system prints out showing the build. Maybe I can get a few extra dollars off when it shows up with 3.73's.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Yeah I ordered it via a fleet program through work, as we are an affiliate. I've always known that the 4.10 isn't available with SRW and they said it was so I ordered it that way. I do not have the build sheet from ram but what their system prints out showing the build. Maybe I can get a few extra dollars off when it shows up with 3.73's.
ya please post back what you get regardless of whether it is a 3.73 or 4.10.

·
Registered
170 Posts
All you have to do is go to the website and scroll to the bottom. There you can "download" a brochure. It really doesn't download but opens a brochure viewer thingy that is just craptacular. But that aside, go to the last couple of pages and it lists all the towing specs on page 41 (link below).

There you can see that the 4.10s are only available on DRW.

https://mydigimag.rrd.com/publication/?co=US&pid=497&bt_field_name[]=source&bt_field_value[]=web&pc=ram-ramhd-19-PA#{"issue_id":627775,"numpages":1,"page":41}

1 - 20 of 20 Posts