Cummins Diesel Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
There's no expiration date on tires, only a manufacturing date.
And that's something you need to keep track of, it doesn't affect me.

@jred2255 Truck looks awesome with the new rims and tires. I definitely like the rims a lot.
On another note where in MN are you? I grew up in SW MN near Jackson.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
@jred2255 Truck looks awesome with the new rims and tires. I definitely like the rims a lot.
On another note where in MN are you? I grew up in SW MN near Jackson.
I appreciate it.
I looked high and low to find some 20" wheels that were all black and relatively simple like the OEM wheels. Without going to a 19.5" or 22.5" that wasn't going to happen. So I am pretty happy with the Fuel wheels, they are less dramatic in person that what I was expecting.
I know Jackson, I drive through Jackson sometimes on my way out to Colorado. I'm about 20 minutes west of Minneapolis near Lake Minnetonka, land of Ten Thousand right? Boating might be the only thing that saves me from this Covid 19 situation :)

Very Sharp! The offset isn't too crazy in the rear, looks great. Anymore pictures?
Bunch of questions for you:
Did you go with a front level?
Do you have factory rear air?
What kind of mud flaps are those?
How does the gearing feel coming from a 235 tire? Do you have 3.73's or 4.10's?
I was really happy with the offset for rear just enough to clear with no issues without having a ton of poke. I knew I was going to be going up in tire size so got a truck with 4.10s, happy with the gearing as it is and calibrated speedo with alfaobd. It’s factory rear air and stock height all around, haven’t experienced any rubbing but I am probably going to be going up 2”in the back and 2.25” in the front later on. They are Mopar flaps on there for now but it’s not quite enough coverage will probably be putting some bulletproof or trigger kick backs on. Here’s some more pics

Lake Minnetonka is a really nice lake and area. I’m hoping that one day in the near future I can talk my wife into moving back up to the area I grew up. The Land of Thousand Lakes is nice. Can go to a different lake every weekend if you really want too.

Reactions: jred2255
Discussion starter · #26 ·
I was really happy with the offset for rear just enough to clear with no issues without having a ton of poke. I knew I was going to be going up in tire size so got a truck with 4.10s, happy with the gearing as it is and calibrated speedo with alfaobd. It’s factory rear air and stock height all around, haven’t experienced any rubbing but I am probably going to be going up 2”in the back and 2.25” in the front later on. They are Mopar flaps on there for now but it’s not quite enough coverage will probably be putting some bulletproof or trigger kick backs on. Here’s some more pics
I have the 4.10 as well, i believe the 295 tires effectively brings it down to 3.72, drives great.
Hey how did you balance you rears? Your outside rear wheels, like mine appear to be all barrel with no where to stick weights. Did you go with tire balancing beads?

I have the 4.10 as well, i believe the 295 tires effectively brings it down to 3.72, drives great.
Hey how did you balance you rears? Your outside rear wheels, like mine appear to be all barrel with no where to stick weights. Did you go with tire balancing beads?
Just saw your setup those look great on there, are those the mid-offset fuels? And yeah they had to use beads for the outside rears, I don’t really like using beads but I guess as long as the air is dry in there it shouldn’t be a problem in the winter

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Just saw your setup those look great on there, are those the mid-offset fuels? And yeah they had to use beads for the outside rears, I don’t really like using beads but I guess as long as the air is dry in there it shouldn’t be a problem in the winter
Yes, it was my least aggressive option if i wanted to run something larger than a 275 tire.
Did they put weights on the inner wheels then? Or beads for both?

I did the 22.5" conversion on mine, got tired of buying tires so often. Had them for about a year now and have driven across the country hauling a 45' toy hauler. Still look almost new, and they fill the wheel well like tires should.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
I did the 22.5" conversion on mine, got tired of buying tires so often. Had them for about a year now and have driven across the country hauling a 45' toy hauler. Still look almost new, and they fill the wheel well like tires should.
Looks amazing with the 22.5" wheels, i love that style of wheel. How do those tires do in colder climates/snow?

Looks amazing with the 22.5" wheels, i love that style of wheel. How do those tires do in colder climates/snow?
I dont get too much snow and not to many days below freezing. But they are regular semi truck tires and I haven't had any issues with them. I dont run them anywhere close to the max psi for the tires. The company I got the kit from gave a reccomended psi and after playing with the psi both towing and empty I found what worked best for my truck was about 80psi both towing and empty. I got them from a company called dually wheels 4 you. Dually Wheels - American Force Wheels - Fuel Off-Road Truck Wheels - Free Shipping

I like it! What do the height of the tires actually measure out to be? I might have to add these to the list of possibilities.....

Discussion starter · #36 ·
I like it! What do the height of the tires actually measure out to be? I might have to add these to the list of possibilities.....
I believe 35.1" is the advertised height. Ran this size on my SRW F350 in a KO2 as well, they're pretty skinny at 11.8" wide.

Not sure if you are asking the size for the semi wheels or not but if so. They are 255 70R 22.5 they are around 36.6".

I believe 35.1" is the advertised height. Ran this size on my SRW F350 in a KO2 as well, they're pretty skinny at 11.8" wide.
The reason I am asking is that BFG's typically (at least in the past) have run quite a bit smaller than their advertised sizing. I plan on putting this size tire on a stock wheel, on stock suspension and want to ensure that there will be no rub.

Discussion starter · #39 ·
Looks like 34.5" with the tape measure. I'm on aftermarket wheels and a local shop hit the plastic back of the wheel well with a heat gun and was able to mold it so i doesn't rub anymore.

Reactions: Juday
That's two beautiful looking duallys

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.