Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The 2019 Ram 1500 could make its debut at the 2019 Detroit Auto Show early next year.

Spy photographers came across a 2019 Ram 1500 completely undisguised after winds in Michigan blew the cover off the next-generation pickup truck. Sporting a slimmed down appearance up front, the headlights and front grille resemble what’s found on the Dodge Durango, while chrome work gives it a more upscale appearance. Our spy photographers point out the Ram’s badging has changed quite a bit compared to today’s model, with a metallic badge displaying the “1500” and 'HEMI 5.7L' installed on the trailing edge of the hood, just above the front fender.

Overall, the truck has a bit more complex design compared to the current model, losing some of its overall smooth appearance for something more chiseled and athletic.
Read more about the 2019 Ram 1500 Caught by the Camera Without its Camo at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
287 Posts
That's not half bad. It kind of gave me a mini van vibe at first glance. I like the hood lines, but I don't care for the chrome strip that looks like a bug deflector. Will be interesting to see how it translates to the HD trucks.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Almost looks like the chevy front end

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yeah it's not bad. It reminds me of a GMC Sierra though. Agreed, that chrome strip needs to be body color, it does look like a bug deflector.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I thought this was a Dakota, doesn't the cab and doors look very small to be a Ram?

·
Registered
599 Posts
well if that is the new model I will stick will the old one for the time of that gen lol. It is ugly as f*ck.
I hope the 2500 doesn't look like that.

Reactions: Fsh4lf

·
Registered
292 Posts

front end Looks a lot like the Chevy Colorado, which has a resemblance to the Durango...

Also, the rear to front wedge is pretty pronounced!

Reactions: BananaNtheTailPipe

·
Registered
124 Posts
I thought this was a Dakota, doesn't the cab and doors look very small to be a Ram?
Being parked beside a Jeep it does look smaller, only 1 pic but I'm liking my '16 front end more, looks like they may have finally joined the group with LED head lights?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Like it or not, soon we will all be driving one! :D Or maybe I should say eventually....

·
Registered
458 Posts
Not me! They took the muscle out of the front end that the ram has always had and people liked. That looks like a dam Chebby! Mines a keeper, can do without all the new gizmos and doo hickies anyways!

Reactions: w6pea and jk6672

·
Registered
649 Posts
Not me! They took the muscle out of the front end that the ram has always had and people liked. That looks like a dam Chebby! Mines a keeper, can do without all the new gizmos and doo hickies anyways!
I hope they don't do anything like that with the 2500/3500, I love the "high deck" look of our hoods, very masculine looking.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I hope they don't do anything like that with the 2500/3500, I love the "high deck" look of our hoods, very masculine looking.
Agree 100%. Plus that truck looks like all the other trucks on the market. Ours have a unique look. Probably only a matter of time, but I'm paying this truck off and keeping it unless something crazy happens.

Reactions: w6pea and jk6672

·
Old Jarhead
587 Posts
Me too mine is a keeper!

Looks like they took pieces and parts from Chebby and Found on Road Dead!:stirpot:

Reactions: Fsh4lf

·
Registered
176 Posts
kinda gives off a Toyota tundra vibe. Looks ok. I hope he 2500 and 3500s looks even better.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Kinda looks like a tundra to me.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts