Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

341 - 355 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
The way the drl harness that comes with these headlights work is as soon as acc power is sensed on the fused you tapped into they turn on. Then are overridden when the parking lights are on.

So if you don't have drl's and only have parking lights it sounds like something on the drl harness isn't hooked up properly.

Off of the drl module, red to positive battery, black to negative battery and Grey to a keyed on fuse (I forget what one they recommend). Then on the other end each red wire gets connected to the corresponding headlight. If that's how you have it wired up check the fuse tap. If that looks good pull the Grey wire out and touch it to the positive terminal and see if they turn on. If they do then try another fuse. If they don't then it's possible that the drl module is bad

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

cutoutcummins. you were 100% spot on for whatever reason the F66 recommended by alpharex wasn't full power on ignition, so I moved to F93 and it worked. Thanks for your help man that was driving me crazy.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
cutoutcummins. you were 100% spot on for whatever reason the F66 recommended by alpharex wasn't full power on ignition, so I moved to F93 and it worked. Thanks for your help man that was driving me crazy.
Any time

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got around to getting these installed today.

Packaged well. Out of the box the quality was great. Fitment top and side, damn near perfect. Fitment bottom, uh, we’ll see how much it bugs me.

Pics

DRL
Parking
Low
Sequential turns
Hey dude, I'm sorry which brand lights were these they look great and I don't want to drop the $ on Morimotos. Thanks man!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for the link! How well are yours holding up.
So far so good. The build quality is good, I went with some low end AMZ LED's for High's and Lows because there really is no sense in over paying for them right now as HID's are still pretty superior. I really didn't feel like bothering with ballast and modding the bulb caps to make them fit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Does that mean they've started to install the projectors clocked correctly now?
Nah that passenger one is still clocked slightly off, but not enough to bother me or warrant paying $1200+ to Retro Shop for a morimoto build. I also don't trust my gorilla hands with cracking open to fix.

·
Registered
13,387 Posts
Okay, but the problem is that while it may not bother you, it'll bother everyone you meet.
If they had been clocked wrong in the opposite direction, I could live with it.

And the Morimoto headlights aren't immune to it, either, by the way. I had a few that were off by quite a bit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
For these assemblies, has anyone had success putting LED bulbs in? I've read they are hit or miss due to sizing issues. Also if its a clockable bulb couldnt one clock to bulb to adjust the light spread?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
For these assemblies, has anyone had success putting LED bulbs in? I've read they are hit or miss due to sizing issues. Also if its a clockable bulb couldnt one clock to bulb to adjust the light spread?
I ran a few different led's in these with no problems

·
Registered
13,387 Posts
Also if its a clockable bulb couldnt one clock to bulb to adjust the light spread?
Since the light is made to function with a bulb that emits light 360 degrees, and it ends up crooked, I can't quite see how and LED could compensate for the projector.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ran a few different led's in these with no problems

Which bulb number would they be than? I'm considering ordering them soon and looking at pricing everything.

Since the light is made to function with a bulb that emits light 360 degrees, and it ends up crooked, I can't quite see how and LED could compensate for the projector.
Alright, ive only put LEDs in the stock housings on my 1/2 ton and I knew they had to be clocked a certain way for best light, wasn't sure if it a badly clocked housing could be compensated with the bulb.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Which bulb number would they be than? I'm considering ordering them soon and looking at pricing everything.

Alright, ive only put LEDs in the stock housings on my 1/2 ton and I knew they had to be clocked a certain way for best light, wasn't sure if it a badly clocked housing could be compensated with the bulb.
All are h7. Hikari ultra, Aukee and katana

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got them in (blinker fluid on the ground is diesel from the filter change earlier), only issue im having is a parking lamp out warning. Im pretty sure I have all the bulbs changed to led with AlfaOBD but has anyone had this issue and know what fixed it?

341 - 355 of 355 Posts