Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

321 - 340 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
8,769 Posts
Yup. The passenger side needs to be reclocked. I’m receiving two pairs this upcoming week that I’m retrofitting for guys on here. When I get them I’ll see if the problem is still there before I start my project.

Maybe AlphaRex has fixed this assembly line issue.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
There’s several HID settings but I only changed 1.

High Intensity Discharge Lamps-enable

VehConfig 3 High Intensity Discharge Lights

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

Reactions: nick00less

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Yup. The passenger side needs to be reclocked. I’m receiving two pairs this upcoming week that I’m retrofitting for guys on here. When I get them I’ll see if the problem is still there before I start my project.

Can you give some more details on the mods to these? I have questions! LOL

PM works too.

·
Registered
8,769 Posts
Can you give some more details on the mods to these? I have questions! LOL

PM works too.

Here’s what we’re given from factory, here’s the solution and then here’s the goal. Low beam is last photo.

For those who dare to bake open their headlights...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Here’s what we’re given from factory, here’s the solution and then here’s the goal. Low beam is last photo.

For those who dare to bake open their headlights...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine definitely weren't clocked that bad. Just a little. Only pic I had.

What projectors are those? DS2?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
That’s not bad in your opinion? :stirpot:

They are D2S 5.0’s

Here’s what’s ideal

I had the passenger side higher than the driver. But compared to the one you posted definitely not. The ds2 5.0 definitely looked easier to install

·
Registered
39 Posts

Are the amazon listings updated for the alpharex g2's? Just want to make sure when I order i'm getting the latest generation and hopefully get lucky that the clocking issue is fixed.

·
Registered
8,769 Posts
Yes they’re (amazon) updated. Unfortunately the clocking issue is still present. I’ve ordered sets from both the website and amazon and while they both sell the latest model, unfortunately no matter the source they’ll need to be clocked.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Please define "clocked"? I'm missing something.....

·
Registered
463 Posts
Please define "clocked"? I'm missing something.....
Imagine a clock. The cutoff line should run roughly from 3 to 9. Instead it runs 11 to 5 or whatever. That's an exaggeration but you get the point I hope

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
291 Posts

·
Registered
13,252 Posts
Yep. Wasn't familiar with the term. Thanks for the help.
Fair enough. I'm still a bit surprised as I thought it had been mentioned a few times in this thread. But it could well have been in one of the other headlight threads.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just installed my alpha rex's went with some AMZ led's for both high and low beam. I installed the DRL's per the instructions on alpha rex's site. Here's my question, I thought with the DRL harness, my lights on auto, driving in daylight the DRL's should be on. Can anyone confirm? As my DRL's only work with low beams on or just parking lights turned on.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Just installed my alpha rex's went with some AMZ led's for both high and low beam. I installed the DRL's per the instructions on alpha rex's site. Here's my question, I thought with the DRL harness, my lights on auto, driving in daylight the DRL's should be on. Can anyone confirm? As my DRL's only work with low beams on or just parking lights turned on.
The drl's will be on until the headlights come on. The drl's will be brighter compared to when the parking lights are on

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

·
Registered
39 Posts
My DRL's are not activating when in gear and driving in daylight thats my issue. They work in every other situation.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
My DRL's are not activating when in gear and driving in daylight thats my issue. They work in every other situation.
The way the drl harness that comes with these headlights work is as soon as acc power is sensed on the fused you tapped into they turn on. Then are overridden when the parking lights are on.

So if you don't have drl's and only have parking lights it sounds like something on the drl harness isn't hooked up properly.

Off of the drl module, red to positive battery, black to negative battery and Grey to a keyed on fuse (I forget what one they recommend). Then on the other end each red wire gets connected to the corresponding headlight. If that's how you have it wired up check the fuse tap. If that looks good pull the Grey wire out and touch it to the positive terminal and see if they turn on. If they do then try another fuse. If they don't then it's possible that the drl module is bad

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

321 - 340 of 355 Posts