Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I was going to see if someone could help me out on upgrading my steering wheel.

I have a 2019 tradesman with the 8.4 u connect. I’m wanting to upgrade to a leather wheel with audio controls on back not heated, having a hard time finding parts with any description with it. They just list a part number.

Thanks for any help

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
5,791 Posts
It should be easily done, with the correct parts and turning on the correct RPO codes in the computer. Activating it should be easily done with Alpha OBD, which you will need a security bypass harness to do. Other then that you would just need the physical parts. @Jimmy07 could probably help with any questions on Alpha OBD, but the parts you might need to sourced the hard way. I'm not sure who to recomend that could help you find the correct parts, besides looking at what it takes on a 13-18 truck, and knowing it should be the same for your truck, but with the updated parts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Steering wheel audio controls added up through the 2018 do NOT require any addition of sales codes

I would bet with 99.9% certainty the 2019s will not require any updates as well

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plug and play would make it easy. Anyone have a 19 with black leather wheel and audio controls they are willing to look up by vin and share part number ?

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
Plug and play would make it easy. Anyone have a 19 with black leather wheel and audio controls they are willing to look up by vin and share part number ?
Here’s the VIN of a 2019 2500 6.7 with non-heated leather steering wheel and audio controls- 3C6UR5DL3KG608285
You can call any dealership’s parts department and they can pull up the part number that VIN uses. Be sure to ask how complete the steering wheel is, and if the audio controls and back cover are separate part numbers. The wiring is always present on previous years, but I’m not positive on the 2019s. If the wiring is present, the audio controls will be plug n play.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks,

I’ll call dealer tomorrow an post part #, price and description of what all comes with wheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts