Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 3500 just hit 16K and needed the oil change and all the filters. The dealer did the oil change since I had paid for the package when I bought the truck - however I changed the fuel filters. I found both fuel filters on Amazon for $60 - MOPAR. The shipping was going to take 2 weeks and I didn't want to wait that long so I tried to source them locally here In Tucson, Az. I have used WIX filters on my 2017 so I assumed I could g hem for the 2019, however nobody had the second one under the Chassis so I had to get them from the dealer. Seems that new style for the rear is still hard to find?

Where is everyone getting their filters from on the 2019+? I may need to order them ahead of time perhaps.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I just got both front and rear fuel filters from Geno's. They came really quick. The rear chassis filter was around $50 bucks.

There are running a sale on oil filters. If you buy 6 to meet the quantity discount requirement it takes them down to around $10 each.

Reactions: sstoner911

·
Registered
512 Posts
Geno's is a good place to get filters but for the pricing. I looked last night and they wanted $77 plus shipping just for the front fuel filter.

There was a package on Ebay with both correct Mopar fuel filters and an oil filter for $110 shipped. I did not see that yesterday but still might be there. On Ebay also there are multiple after-market fuel filters, both front and back. They seem to cost a bit less than $50 for both.

None of that answers the thought that using an aftermarket filter could be grounds for denying warranty if you have the injector pump come apart. That's another topic.

·
Registered
256 Posts
They must have just raised their price on them.

I got 2 fronts, 2 rears and 6 oil filters, all mopar, for $265 bucks.

I'm not going to take any chances. Using all mopar branded filters is not that much more expensive. I'd rather use them as recommended for the warranty's sake than save $20 bucks and for it to become issue. That's my take.

If you can afford these trucks you can surely afford a couple hundred bucks for the filters once a year.....

·
Registered
112 Posts
The big thing I noticed with the aftermarket filters was that they did not have the lower micron rating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They must have just raised their price on them.

I got 2 fronts, 2 rears and 6 oil filters, all mopar, for $265 bucks.

I'm not going to take any chances. Using all mopar branded filters is not that much more expensive. I'd rather use them as recommended for the warranty's sake than save $20 bucks and for it to become issue. That's my take.

If you can afford these trucks you can surely afford a couple hundred bucks for the filters once a year.....
I paid $170 from the dealer for 1 front and1 rear fuel filter....just looking for better pricing.

·
Go Packers
7,274 Posts
I order from Geno's Garage. I make my yearly stock up purchase in July when they have a 10% off on all Fleetguard filters.

The Mopar & Fleetguard nanonet filter are the same filter. Per TDR Register magazine: TDR 86, pg. 35

I see that the Mopar filter has went up in price. Was $52.95 when I ordered last July.

·
Registered
512 Posts
What is disgusting is those filters, once designed and contracted to be made, may cost only a couple dollars to make. GIANT and obscene profit makers they are.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
What is disgusting is those filters, once designed and contracted to be made, may cost only a couple dollars to make. GIANT and obscene profit makers they are.

FleetGuard is a division of Cummins - some of the filters I think are made in Mexico or Asia - or both. I have also read WIX makes the MOPAR filters to their specs.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I paid $170 from the dealer for 1 front and1 rear fuel filter....just looking for better pricing.
Right now at Geno's those two would be $126.

I got my fronts at the $52 price and then they went up to $77 a couple days later. Dodged that bullet.

I get it though. I'm all for saving a buck too.

Reactions: 10%more

·
Go Packers
7,274 Posts
FleetGuard is a division of Cummins - some of the filters I think are made in Mexico or Asia - or both. I have also read WIX makes the MOPAR filters to their specs.
I respectfully disagree. Yes Fleetguard is a division of Cummins. The Mopar filter is made by Fleetguard but put in a Mopar box. My source is The Turbo Diesel Register issue 86 page 35. Per the article, whether you purchase a Mopar or Fleetguard filter, they are both made by Cummins.

I will not put a WIX fuel filter in my truck, but that is just me.

Reactions: Viper67

·
Registered
512 Posts
Anyone notice that when you put in 2019 ('20, '21) fuel filters into Amazon and many of the business sites, you get the wrong filters?

Near each time I end up looking at the canister rear fuel filter that is no longer used from 2019 to present. Think the front fuel filter is the same as earlier ones but the rear is now a cartridge.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have noticed that too. The front is still the same but the rear is no longer a spin on. However I have seen a few places saying it still is "correct".

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just did my service last weekend. About $115 for all 3 filters at Geno's. Mopar filters are re-labeled Fleetguard (Cummins). It's the same filter. No shipping charge for me.. Geno's is about a 10 minute drive from me, so I do a will call order and pick them up.

Beware of Amazon and eBay car parts. Their markets are full of counterfeit products. Unless the item is coming via a verifiable Mopar dealer, better to take a pass on those "deals."

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just did my service last weekend. About $115 for all 3 filters at Geno's. Mopar filters are re-labeled Fleetguard (Cummins). It's the same filter. No shipping charge for me.. Geno's is about a 10 minute drive from me, so I do a will call order and pick them up.

Beware of Amazon and eBay car parts. Their markets are full of counterfeit products. Unless the item is coming via a verifiable Mopar dealer, better to take a pass on those "deals."
We must be almost neighbors. Genos is about 5 miles from me. I usually just walk in, but I see you call first. I should probably start doing that.

·
Registered
65 Posts
We must be almost neighbors. Genos is about 5 miles from me. I usually just walk in, but I see you call first. I should probably start doing that.
I get my order together online then call. There isn't a "pick up at warehouse" option in shipping choices, so I phone it in to keep it simple with the correct amount paid and let them know when I expect to show up. If I'm lucky, the Walmart on the way has 3 gallons of T6 5w40.

I'm in Johns Creek near State Bridge and Jones Bridge.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I get my order together online then call. There isn't a "pick up at warehouse" option in shipping choices, so I phone it in to keep it simple with the correct amount paid and let them know when I expect to show up. If I'm lucky, the Walmart on the way has 3 gallons of T6 5w40.

I'm in Johns Creek near State Bridge and Jones Bridge.
Thanks for the tip, I'll do that next time. They always seem a bit surprised when I walk in. I'm off Windermere Pkwy if you know where that is. Just out of curiosity, which local dealer do you use? I've been going to Don Jackson North lately.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts