Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
I've settled on 80 in the front (I tend to go fast through corners) and 40 in the rear when empty.
That's with a truck bed and tool boxes, by the way, some 9,300 lbs. total.

When towing, which is almost always, I inflate the rears to match the weight.
I go 75 in front with minimum of 45-50 in rear unloaded. If I go lower or higher than that in the rear, I get uneven tread wear.

·
Registered
13,336 Posts
I go 75 in front with minimum of 45-50 in rear unloaded. If I go lower or higher than that in the rear, I get uneven tread wear.
On a DRW?? If memory serves me, even 35 psi is a bit much for running empty.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I appreciate all of the feedback.

I was able to locate a DRW 2019 and went for a test drive today. This specific truck was a mega cab, so I don't know much this configuration affects the ride, but I thought it rode really well. I still think the latest generation F-350 is a bit smoother, but the Ram is not slouch.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I appreciate all of the feedback.

I was able to locate a DRW 2019 and went for a test drive today. This specific truck was a mega cab, so I don't know much this configuration affects the ride, but I thought it rode really well. I still think the latest generation F-350 is a bit smoother, but the Ram is not slouch.
I also tried the F350, but I thought it rode rougher, but to each his own opinion.

Reactions: philhyde

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have an F350 DRW and a 2019 3500 DRW. The Ford's payload capacity is slightly higher and it has a stiff ride. The ride quality on the 3500 is plush in comparison but that's what I would expected from 15 years of improvements.

I drove the F350 to the race track yesterday because I knew I'd be driving on dirt road for long distance. The brakes on my F350 still blow away the Ram's brakes for regular driving (not towing). But the exhaust brake on the Ram, plus the new trailer brake electronics, makes the Ram's brakes superior while towing.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts