Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'm hoping to have a couple more weeks without smoke, but if it's already around out there we probably only have another week or two at most before it starts hitting us. I don't remember the fires and smoke being so bad when i was a kid, but maybe i just didn't notice it. Seems like they got worse in the last 5-10 years
Smoke cleared up here for now. Surprisingly during this hot streak, there's been no fires (knock on wood). I agree, it does appear fires have gotten worse. I think it's just more people coming over, and not being careful in the tall dry grass etc.

·
Registered
123 Posts
@Jimmy07

another question for you since you seem to be expert on the wiring of these trucks. If I found a set of heated and cooled seats from another 4th gen (my truck already has heated but i want leather). Is it just plug and play and enable couple things in alfaOBD?

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
@Jimmy07

another question for you since you seem to be expert on the wiring of these trucks. If I found a set of heated and cooled seats from another 4th gen (my truck already has heated but i want leather). Is it just plug and play and enable couple things in alfaOBD?
If it’s just the fronts, and as long as the donor hasn’t removed any parts or wiring from the seats, they will be a direct swap. Settings are:
ECUConfig 3 front vented seats present- yes
Memory front vented seats present- yes
CustSetMenu 1 auto on driver comfort CSM- 2-3 option

·
Registered
72 Posts
@Jimmy07 and I have been working on troubleshooting an issue where the 8.4" UConnect radio's reverse camera does not turn on when shifting the manual (g56) transmission into reverse. I am hoping someone on the forum here has a 2018 Ram with the factory 8.4" radio, and that they can get a copy of their vehicle configuration sent to either I or Jimmy. This can be done using AlfaOBD.

Thanks!
I'm also having the same issue. My truck is a 16' SLT 2500 6.7 G56 that came factory with the 8.4 RA3 non navigation radio and I installed a brand new 2018 UAQ 8.4" radio for a Ram into it and it will not automatically engage the backup camera as well. I can press the icon/softkey on the radio and it displays the image as it should only issue is you have to manually enable the camera by touching the backup camera on controls. My truck also came factory with the cargo camera and when I click on either of the cameras it says "Camera system unavailable" yet they both show the image as they should.

16' CCSB 4X4 G56 2500 6.7 SLT CTT tuning, UAQ, Single Zone ATC

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I'm also having the same issue. My truck is a 16' SLT 2500 6.7 G56 that came factory with the 8.4 RA3 non navigation radio and I installed a brand new 2018 UAQ 8.4" radio for a Ram into it and it will not automatically engage the backup camera as well. I can press the icon/softkey on the radio and it displays the image as it should only issue is you have to manually enable the camera by touching the backup camera on controls. My truck also came factory with the cargo camera and when I click on either of the cameras it says "Camera system unavailable" yet they both show the image as they should.

16' CCSB 4X4 G56 2500 6.7 SLT CTT tuning, UAQ, Single Zone ATC
When I click the icon/softkey on my radio, it will say "Camera System Unavailable" as well. Although it still shows the image. Same issue it looks like. Here's a image of how it reads on my radio.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
No worries. I’ll see what I can find with what we have here, and go from there.
Were you able to compare the two configurations Jimmy?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Only thing i could find different is under radio and connectivity yours shows Trailer Hitch Camera Preset: No and mine shows Trailer Hitch Camera: Set

The wording and layout is a good bit different. Yours must be from windows version and mine is from android. I noticed a lot more items in yours but everything looks like it should work. Do you have a 18 camera in your trailgate handle? I believe the 18s used a different camera since the resolution of the uconnect screen is different. Could be also causing your issue

·
Registered
123 Posts
scratch the camera comment. Just looked up the PNs and the pre 18 numbers just sub up to the 18 number so they must be all the same.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
scratch the camera comment. Just looked up the PNs and the pre 18 numbers just sub up to the 18 number so they must be all the same.
I believe starting in 2018, reverse cameras were mandated in the states (required), so it's all factory. I pulled my data using the android version of Alfa as well, so not sure what the dependencies are.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts