Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 472 Posts

·
Registered
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 2500 6.7 4x4 (may as well be a 2 wheel drive it never sees mud)

Synergy Parts

Steering Box Brace (only one that will fit with aftermarket sway bar)

BDS parts

Fox Dual Steering Stabilizer

Thuren parts

2.75 coils front
1.00 coils rear
Sway Bar front
Track Bar front
Track Bar rear

Carli parts

Fox 2.0 Commuter Shocks for their 2.75/1.00 Carli system (which works for Thuren too).

Toyo MT 37x13.50R18 Tires
Method 18x9 +18 wheels

TYC Black OEM Projectors with The Retro Fit Source’s Mini D2S 4.0 projectors retrofitted inside the headlight. 5500k bulbs 50w ballast.
edit. Sold projectors. Purchased Mopar Black Appearance Package projectors running a INNOVITED 55w 5000k HID KIT

https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2013-general-discussion/2479431-amazon-hid-kit-innovited-55w-5000k-stock-projectors.html

Just another truck at the end of the day. If you have any questions let me know.

Truck has also been debadged, of every single badge. Only ones left are Ram logos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
2018 2500 6.7 4x4 (may as well be a 2 wheel drive it never sees mud)

Synergy Parts

Steering Box Brace (only one that will fit with aftermarket sway bar)

BDS parts

Fox Dual Steering Stabilizer

Thuren parts

2.75 coils front
1.00 coils rear
Sway Bar front
Track Bar front
Track Bar rear

Carli parts

Fox 2.0 Commuter Shocks for their 2.75/1.00 Carli system (which works for Thuren too).

Toyo MT 37x13.50R18 Tires
Method 18x9 +18 wheels

TYC Black OEM Projectors with The Retro Fit Source’s Mini D2S 4.0 projectors retrofitted inside the headlight. 5500k bulbs 50w ballast.

Just another truck at the end of the day. If you have any questions let me know.

Why do you have that weird 4x4 shift lever and not a dial?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,153 Posts
So, this is a "for sale" ad? Reads like it...

And, most 4WD trucks may as well be 2WD, never see any off road situation that actually needs 4WD, just posers.

·
Registered
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What trim is your truck?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Tradesman

And, most 4WD trucks may as well be 2WD, never see any off road situation that actually needs 4WD, just posers.
No for sale ad. Last two trucks rarely saw 4wd. This one will probably be the same. I guess I’m just so used to being up high everyday in my work rig that I’ve gotten used to a larger vehicle.

Sorry about what happened to your truck bro. Sucks. Hope it gets repaired soon.

·
Premium Member
3,939 Posts
Looks great man. Seems to resemble the 14 Model. My work truck sees 4wd more than The Hulk. The work truck also has girly man street tires.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Doing gearing?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,500 Posts

Probably the case down in TX and a lot of the south, but out west and up north in the mountain states, we use it every year without fail.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Nice looking truck, I like the stance and from the parts list i bet she rides nice. I also like the manual 4x shift. I’m with you on the 4wd. I put mine in 4x, once.

·
Registered
16 Posts
also wondering about gearing with the 37s

Your truck is perfect. I have same color tradesman offroad package and want to run 37s. Your truck is my dream

·
Registered
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice work! How do the headlights work for you? Any issues after the install?
After install only 1 issue. Headlights won’t turn on when truck is off sometimes due to power issues I’m experiencing. I thought a fuse fixed it but that’s a long story.

Bottom line they’re bright and exactly what I need out here on these country roads.

Doing gearing?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Soon. 4.10’s this time instead of 4.56’s. 56 was fun but way too low when you’re not towing and running highway 100% of the time.

How’s it drive with the stock 3.42s? Also, mind sharing pricing and source of headlights?

Drives fine. Lost a little pep, obviously switching to larger tires. You just have to relearn how to get into the pedal again when you wanna get up and go. I’m nervous I’ll do something stupid so even if I’m overly cautious I always ease into the throttle. Could care less if people speed around me. Atleast until I regear to be safe. That’s just me.

Headlights found on amazon believe it or not. To my surprise I didn’t think I’d find any Ram parts. Regardless, I went with TYC. Reputable brand and are solid replicas. Lights cost about $500. Projector Retrofit Kit from The Retro Fit Source was about $400. Then of course there’s the adapter you have to buy if your lights originally came with Quad Headlights, like mine did. Got it from shop.retroshop.us which was about $135. It allows you to plug n’ play from stock harness into projector lights

·
Registered
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Probably the case down in TX and a lot of the south, but out west and up north in the mountain states, we use it every year without fail.
No..it’s defintely the case down here in North Texas. :grin2:

Nice looking truck, I like the stance and from the parts list i bet she rides nice. I also like the manual 4x shift. I’m with you on the 4wd. I put mine in 4x, once.
She is honestly the smoothest ride I’ve had. The BIGGEST difference was installing the new front Sway Bar and rear Track Bar. Lifting/leveling a 4th gen will always leave you wobbling side to side like a boat whenever you hit a dip or bump unevenly. That’s because the stockbsway bar is so stiff, rightfully so since it’s a rig meant for towing, your stock sway bar practically marries your axle to your frame. Axle flexes, so does frame in unison and you have a jarring side to side motion. New sway bar allows axle to operate independently of frame.

also wondering about gearing with the 37s

Your truck is perfect. I have same color tradesman offroad package and want to run 37s. Your truck is my dream
Thanks bud! Go with 4.10 if you rarely, rarely tow. Constant tower and must have 37’s? Then 4.56 is a must

·
Registered
519 Posts

On those occasions when I do need it, I'm sure glad to have it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
368 Posts
Looking great. Also wondering about the gearing.

Reactions: nick00less
1 - 20 of 472 Posts