Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
When the EPA goes after the small shops who used to perform this work, then yea, it’s not good to openly talk about this stuff on a forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct, and also partly doesn’t matter anymore. EPA has gone deeper than just going after who the forums or Facebook groups talk about. Local shop where I live got busted, no online presence. Owner said the epa had been tracking the hard parts they were ordering, Exhaust and egr mostly.

·
P2609 Fanatic
3,547 Posts
If the EPA would back a lifetime warranty on the emissions system (provided it was not altered in any way) this would go a lot smoother for all of us.

Hanging an expensive, inefficient, trouble prone emissions system on a basically clean running modern diesel and then forcing the owner to maintain it out of pocket is 90% of the reason people do a 'D' in the first place.
More counterproductive Govt. buffoonery at the complete expense of the citizens. 👺

·
Registered
985 Posts
Thats exactly the position I got backed into. 80,000km warranty on mandatory parts? These aren't a pennies on the dollar cheap parts either.

Reactions: Lins

·
Registered
597 Posts
How do you guys feel about the banks intercooling system?
You lost the crowd, they are chasing rabbits down a hole now.........

Reactions: (5G)

·
Registered
123 Posts
It would be nice if someone would post companies who do emission compliant tunings.

Edit: good reputable companies who stand behind their work.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
SuperModerator
10,019 Posts
How do you guys feel about the banks intercooling system?

TY for cleaning up post #1.
The OEM is good for a bunch of HP, so unless you are looking to go way up there stick with it.
Banks are not a good deal for $$ kind of option, there are others if the need arises.

These guys are forum supporting vendors, that provide great customer service.
Contact either of these 2. Joe @cumminsdieselfreak or Clayton @Dude_57

Man, you guys got off track real quick, the topic is tuners and tuning and (G5)s truck.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
It would be nice if someone would post companies who do emission compliant tunings.

Edit: good reputable companies who stand behind their work.

The EPA does not want any tuning on any vehicle. Tampering of any sorts is what they consider illegal. Tampering with an injection pump on a 12 valve and doing anything to alter it from stock form is considered illegal. The EPA wants everything to be factory spec.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
View attachment 927725
TY for cleaning up post #1.
The OEM is good for a bunch of HP, so unless you are looking to go way up there stick with it.
Banks are not a good deal for $$ kind of option, there are others if the need arises.

These guys are forum supporting vendors, that provide great customer service.
Contact either of these 2. Joe @cumminsdieselfreak or Clayton @Dude_57

View attachment 927726
Man, you guys got off track real quick, the topic is tuners and tuning and (G5)s truck.
I’ll have to pick some of these guys brains. I tow a lot, and every day unless I’m off work and I’m looking to get as much power as I can efficiently. I’ve seen a lot of different build options I just need some ideas.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Calibrated Power has been doing emissions intact tuning the longest.
They spend a pile of time and money on R&D.
You'll find their tunes to be well polished.
They have a great YouTube Channel.

Reactions: (5G) and Loki223

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
9,788 Posts
Agreed, i would probably lean towards their tuning myself as well. But i'm sure Clayton can arrange for their tunes for you being a dealer

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
9,788 Posts
If the EPA would back a lifetime warranty on the emissions system (provided it was not altered in any way) this would go a lot smoother for all of us.

Hanging an expensive, inefficient, trouble prone emissions system on a basically clean running modern diesel and then forcing the owner to maintain it out of pocket is 90% of the reason people do a 'D' in the first place.
More counterproductive Govt. buffoonery at the complete expense of the citizens. 👺
EJ, you have a 16 not a 10. Your emissions system is much better then previous versions even though it takes cow piss.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Not to worry @(5G) your thread is alive and well! (y)
The true goodness is hidden in the off-topic chatter.
Nice 2017 BTW.
Thanks buddy! Looking to get a lot more done to it once I weed through the info.

Calibrated Power has been doing emissions intact tuning the longest.
They spend a pile of time and money on R&D.
You'll find their tunes to be well polished.
They have a great YouTube Channel.
I’m going to give them a look right now while I eat some food.

Those stealth turbos they have look nice.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The EPA does not want any tuning on any vehicle. Tampering of any sorts is what they consider illegal. Tampering with an injection pump on a 12 valve and doing anything to alter it from stock form is considered illegal. The EPA wants everything to be factory spec.

I was unaware of this. I thought as long as the emissions was in place we could tune. That means most are illegal as everyone is running a tuning these days. What about all of the jap car people? I know one of those guys and he's always messing with the tuning.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I was unaware of this. I thought as long as the emissions was in place we could tune. That means most are illegal as everyone is running a tuning these days. What about all of the jap car people? I know one of those guys and he's always messing with the tuning.

anything that alters emissions output outside of mandated specs for the model year is considered illegal, even jap ricer cars. They are being targeted too.

Reactions: Electrojake

·
P2609 Fanatic
3,547 Posts
anything that alters emissions output outside of mandated specs for the model year is considered illegal, even jap ricer cars.
^^^ Exactly ! (y)

The Feds kept it very simple...
Any "tampering" or alterations in any way are illegal.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I’ll have to pick some of these guys brains. I tow a lot, and every day unless I’m off work and I’m looking to get as much power as I can efficiently. I’ve seen a lot of different build options I just need some ideas.
Are you towing heavy or light stuff like a boat or landscaping trailer? If you're towing medium to heavy constantly (like me) you may want to look at compound turbos. Wish I would have went that route, shopping around now to see what make sense for compounds.

Reactions: (5G)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Are you towing heavy or light stuff like a boat or landscaping trailer? If you're towing medium to heavy constantly (like me) you may want to look at compound turbos. Wish I would have went that route, shopping around now to see what make sense for compounds.
Most of my trailers are loaded down with equipment and materials. They weigh in at 8-10k after materials loaded etc.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts