Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New member here, looking to get some good options on tuners/tunes for my 2017. Any advice you guys have please post below. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Not sure if you know what the EPA has been up to lately, but going on a public forum and asking about deleting isn’t the best thing to do these days, unless you’re from Canada or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
9,785 Posts
New member here, looking to get some good options for full delete kits. I’ve been browsing for days checking different sites and my main concern is finding the proper tunes and tuner. I’m looking for a full package tuner. DPF/EGR/Trans etc. Post some of what you guys are running and any advice is greatly appreciated.
So far all I’ve gotten done with my 17 is my lift and wheel/tire package. I put those in last weekend and have been pretty pleased. Looking to get this thing deleted out and maybe do some intake work and some other odd end engine work.
Best Cool Story GIFs | Gfycat

Deletes are no longer supported by the community, deleting is now strictly enforced by the EPA, therefore tuning, and parts are no longer available. If you want a tune, your best bet is to go with an emissions compliant tune, there are plenty of options there. However removing emissions is not an option

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds good the k you for the heads up. I wasn’t sure how strict it actually has became I have seen previous posts asking these same questions. This post can be taken down if need be.

·
9,785 Posts
Sounds good the k you for the heads up. I wasn’t sure how strict it actually has became I have seen previous posts asking these same questions. This post can be taken down if need be.
Hey check that out. Your one of the first to actually respond once people say no more deleting. Stick around, there is still plenty of information on here. If you want to pursue emissions complaint tuning there are a lot of great options that won't get you looking down the barrel of the EPA's latest gun. The thing to keep in mind if you start looking at the people who are still selling tunes, the tunes for deletes are now being written behind the scenes, under a shade tree. The most knowledgeable tuners, and the best tuners that really knew what they were doing are no longer doing it. While yes, some people are still doing it, anyone that knows what they are doing isn't. Now a days you would be taking a serious risk by having a back yard mechanic tune the truck. Sure, it might turn out fine, but you might also brick the truck, and have no recourse because it's not a decent company doing the tunes, it's not someone that is worried about their reputation, it's more akin to going to buy coke from someone in a back alley with no light. Yeah, you might get some coke. You could also possibly just pay a lot of money for flour. or you could get shot. Not really a good option in there. Stick with compliant tuning and you have experts working on it, you have companies that will come to bat for you and fix it if something isn't right. And you have people with years upon years of experience doing the tuning. In the end, it's a much safer way to go, and you can still get all the power you want out of the truck

·
9,785 Posts
Awesome man thank you for that response. I was actually watching a video on YouTube the other day on emission compliant tuning. I do a lot of moving around too for work so the last thing I need is to be popped for something like that. I’ll give a look around the site to see some of the tuning people are doing without posting, or at least post after research.
Honestly, if you want someone to talk to about emissions compliant tuning, hit up @Dude_57 or one of the other Dude's Diesel guys that are floating around on here. Great guys, small business, and they work with all the tuners who offer approved legal tunes that won't get you in trouble if someone with a badge starts looking at your truck

·
Registered
122 Posts
Honestly, if you want someone to talk to about emissions compliant tuning, hit up @Dude_57 or one of the other Dude's Diesel guys that are floating around on here. Great guys, small business, and they work with all the tuners who offer approved legal tunes that won't get you in trouble if someone with a badge starts looking at your truck
I'm interested in emissions compliant tunings. What is the dude's company name?

Yes, a Lebowski reference

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Not sure if you know what the EPA has been up to lately, but going on a public forum and asking about deleting isn’t the best thing to do these days, unless you’re from Canada or something.

I’m trying to figure out if that’s a dig or not. I don’t like openly discussing the unmentionable up here either.

Reactions: N of 60

·
P2609 Fanatic
3,544 Posts
Ah… Now I understand the Chicken Little response from the crew here.
Thank you @(5G) for clearing that up for me.

So we are at a point here where it’s acceptable to do a delete, just not acceptable to talk about it.
It fits the current state of America perfectly. ☝
Fascinating. 🤔

·
Registered
1,080 Posts

So we are at a point here where it’s acceptable to do a delete, just not acceptable to talk about it.
It fits the current state of America perfectly.
Fascinating.
When the EPA goes after the small shops who used to perform this work, then yea, it’s not good to openly talk about this stuff on a forum.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I’m trying to figure out if that’s a dig or not. I don’t like openly discussing the unmentionable up here either.
I wasn’t talking a dig at anyone, it’s been discussed on here, on YouTube, other forums and podcasts how deleting is/has put many companies/shops in deep waters.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Fascinating. 🤔
Lol sounds like a lot of topics now these days 🤣

·
9,785 Posts
Glad Canada still has deletes availabe.

Flame suit on...
You say while posting from Virginia, a state very much inside the US

·
Registered
2,477 Posts

Fascinating. 🤔
Think about it from another perspective other than your bias. If you owned one of these shops that you had built from the ground up, starting with performance parts, then built your business into tuning to support. Then the EPA decided to crack down. Even if your shop provided 200 other legit services, your entire life could crumble as they would go after the entire thing...not just "clean your act up and you're good".

I actually have empathy for some of these small shops that were looking to build a solid business, followed the potential money flow, then to have everything gone after, even unrelated to emissions.

So yes, talking about these things in open forums like this can potentially put those small shops that have rid themselves of the "D" word and are focusing on the other aspects of their business now into the potential path of the EPA. Now, what I don't give 2 rats asses about is the people and companies who just flaunt all this stuff on social media...you're juggling your own fate if that's what you want to do.

Like has been mentioned, plenty of emissions compliant tunes, also plenty of information already on this forum and on the web for the other stuff if you want to go down that rabbit hole. But it's plenty obvious in the forums (not just this one) that there are people signing up just trying to get specific information to relay back to that sector. Huge red flags with a lot of single post sign-ups. You can choose to feed them or not, but if you do, you are part of the problem too.

·
P2609 Fanatic
3,544 Posts
So yeah. I think I get it. :unsure:
It's like a guy building a small honest gun shop into to a good profitable business but he got caught by the Feds selling silencers.
They wouldnt just shut down the illegal silencer part of his operation, they would shut down his entire gun shop business.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
So yeah. I think I get it. :unsure:
It's like a guy building a small honest gun shop into to a good profitable business but he got caught by the Feds selling silencers.
A bit different. Silencers are legal in some states if you go through the right channels and paperwork.

Reactions: Electrojake
1 - 20 of 60 Posts