Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 ram 2500 I did full egr/dpf delete, went 4 inch turbo back , sinister egr delete kit, ez lynk tuning at 10,000 miles. I am now at 40,000 miles and just recently put all the stock exhaust and egr back on, and flashed the computer back to stock with the ez lynk tuner. It starts drives with no problem, no message saying it’s gonna go into limp mode or anything. But I’m running into a check engine light, when ran through ez lynk code check program, I get a U02A3 code that says lost communication with particulate matter sensor. Looked it up it’s the sensor at the back of the second dpf filter. I replaced that sensor and drove for 60 miles and shut the truck off then turned it back on and boom there it is again. Now I kept all the stock exhaust parts and sensors in storage away from any type of damage. All the plugs under the truck were taped and sealed away from the elements. Where do I go from here?

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I have a 2016 ram 2500 I did full egr/dpf delete, went 4 inch turbo back , sinister egr delete kit, ez lynk tuning at 10,000 miles. I am now at 40,000 miles and just recently put all the stock exhaust and egr back on, and flashed the computer back to stock with the ez lynk tuner. It starts drives with no problem, no message saying it’s gonna go into limp mode or anything. But I’m running into a check engine light, when ran through ez lynk code check program, I get a U02A3 code that says lost communication with particulate matter sensor. Looked it up it’s the sensor at the back of the second dpf filter. I replaced that sensor and drove for 60 miles and shut the truck off then turned it back on and boom there it is again. Now I kept all the stock exhaust parts and sensors in storage away from any type of damage. All the plugs under the truck were taped and sealed away from the elements. Where do I go from here?
Why did you return it to stock?

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
California sucks and is cracking down on the deleted trucks. Risk isn’t worth the reward in my opinion
You're right. California does suck. bigly

Leave while you still can. Believe me, I know wherefore I speak.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Bashing Calif will not help him. I am not a mechanic, but, after all I could think of doing and some net surfing for the cure, I would walk into a sealer or two and ask about diagnostic and repair costs. Make sure they have a good diesel tech. Then possibly a few independent shops. You did play, so get ready to pay. Hopefully it can be done easily. If at a dealer, make an appointment when the diesel guy is there and can see it..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bashing Calif will not help him. I am not a mechanic, but, after all I could think of doing and some net surfing for the cure, I would walk into a sealer or two and ask about diagnostic and repair costs. Make sure they have a good diesel tech. Then possibly a few independent shops. You did play, so get ready to pay. Hopefully it can be done easily. If at a dealer, make an appointment when the diesel guy is there and can see it..
I’m not just bashing California, I love it here. Deleting emissions is illegal on a federal level, so I understand all that, and just because someone lives in a state or county that doesn’t require smog, doesn’t mean you can delete all the emissions. So basically that’s where I’m at now, probly gonna be looking into full diagnostics to figure it out more than likely from the dealer.. All the Circuit fault stuff is to technical for me.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
When I got the CEL I took it to Auto Zone and they scanned it and gave me a printout of what the problem was. The dealer replaced the Nox sensor and all was good. Then I had to drive it to get everything ready to smog test.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’ve never taken a vehicle to get diagnostics, as I’m fairly mechanically inclined, until it comes to computers. When they do diagnostics at a dealership are they able to pinpoint exactly where the problem is? For example if there is a circuit fault in one of the 5 sensors on the dpf filters would they be able to pinpoint exactly which one it is just by connecting their computer to mine?

·
Registered
14,644 Posts
I’ve never taken a vehicle to get diagnostics, as I’m fairly mechanically inclined, until it comes to computers. When they do diagnostics at a dealership are they able to pinpoint exactly where the problem is? For example if there is a circuit fault in one of the 5 sensors on the dpf filters would they be able to pinpoint exactly which one it is just by connecting their computer to mine?
No, they will only see that there is a fault and the sensor output, then they have to go through the diagnosis process to track down the exact issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts