Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing if anyone else has noticed this sound, and/ or felt this happen. On my 2016 2500, anytime I let off the throttle a loud clunking noise is made and the truck often jerks. Sounds like it is coming from the rear diff, almost like something is loose. Any info on what's going on would be appreciated.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would take it in and have the dealer look at it if under warranty. I had similar issue after backing heavy 5th wheel up hill and not putiing parking brake on fbefore shifting to park. Dealer replaced driveshaft and all is good..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Seeing if anyone else has noticed this sound, and/ or felt this happen. On my 2016 2500, anytime I let off the throttle a loud clunking noise is made and the truck often jerks. Sounds like it is coming from the rear diff, almost like something is loose. Any info on what's going on would be appreciated.
Have the same issue on my truck, but it's intermittent, and doesn't seem to be getting worse. Had a local shop that we've used for years look at it and they can't find anything wrong and recommended a trip to the dealer - gave me the name of one with a good service reputation. Since the issue is intermittent I have a feeling I'll get the "nothing is wrong" story

·
Registered
604 Posts
Have the same issue on my truck, but it's intermittent, and doesn't seem to be getting worse. Had a local shop that we've used for years look at it and they can't find anything wrong and recommended a trip to the dealer - gave me the name of one with a good service reputation. Since the issue is intermittent I have a feeling I'll get the "nothing is wrong" story
Intermittent here too on my 2016 2500, not worse than first time it happened. Maybe 10 times in 2k miles. Will follow thread and decide if dealer visit in play ....

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
There's a lot of drivetrain "slop" in these trucks. Mines a 2015, but at low speeds if you let off the throttle it clunks. Seems from reading on here for the past year, it's pretty common. I know how to make mine do it, so I pretty much drive the way not to cause this. Something I've learned to live with. I did have mine checked out when I first got it and they came back with nothing. I personally believe it's slop in the rear diff tolerances

1 - 5 of 5 Posts