Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Truck is a 2015 2500 outdoorsman. It has been deleted for about 6,000 miles and tuned by ecofreak custom tuning and have had zero issues with it. The stock 68 went out. I had been doing research on the g56 swap for a while now and it looked doable. Found a salvage yard that was selling a g56 swap (kit) Out of a 2016. Only thing I upgraded was the clutch to a south bend DD. I was planning on using the electric shift Tcase that was in my truck but the kit came with a manual trans harness and the donor truck had a manual Tcase so I had them ship me the Tcase from the truck also. I had ecofreak send me a manual trans tune the trans temp gaI’ve and PRND all went away. The reverse lights, back up camera, and rear park sensors all function as they should. The issue Im having is that the service 4WD and ABS lights are on and the truck will not start. It is a regular key NOT push button. I put the key in the on position and jumped the starter and the truck fired right up and I drove it around the block about 10 miles. I spoke to ecofreak and they recommended alfaOBD software and OBDLink MX+. I don’t know how I did it but I was able to clear/reset the ABS codes so that light is out now. I got to a section where you can change the Tcase and switched it to manual shift but there was an option for BW44-47 synchro and non synchro. I tried both and it didn’t get the service 4WD light to go out and the truck still won’t start unless jumped at starter. I am not too sure how to work alfaOBD. I also have the original 68rfe harness so I can lay them both out and compare them if needed. I did find pin #4 that you would ground out on the 68 harness and traced it up to a plug at the engine, then I checked the same plug on the g56 harness from the engine and it has the same wire but it goes back to a plug on the manual Tcase??? PLEASE HELP!!!

Side notes**
i sadly forgot and switched the harness without disconnecting the batteries, I don’t know if that would damage any of the computers
Also i currently do not have the Tcase in 4WD but the front axle I can feel while driving is still engaged, it was in 4WD when I removed the electric tcase and 68 harness, not sure if that’s why service 4WD light is on

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the stock clutch hydraulics and cut the connector off with the black wires and wire nutted them both together and plugged it in still no start is there anything else I can do/test? Is there anyway I can reset the bcm/pcm or any other module manually?

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
Truck is a 2015 2500 outdoorsman. It has been deleted for about 6,000 miles and tuned by ecofreak custom tuning and have had zero issues with it. The stock 68 went out. I had been doing research on the g56 swap for a while now and it looked doable. Found a salvage yard that was selling a g56 swap (kit) Out of a 2016. Only thing I upgraded was the clutch to a south bend DD. I was planning on using the electric shift Tcase that was in my truck but the kit came with a manual trans harness and the donor truck had a manual Tcase so I had them ship me the Tcase from the truck also. I had ecofreak send me a manual trans tune the trans temp gaI’ve and PRND all went away. The reverse lights, back up camera, and rear park sensors all function as they should. The issue Im having is that the service 4WD and ABS lights are on and the truck will not start. It is a regular key NOT push button. I put the key in the on position and jumped the starter and the truck fired right up and I drove it around the block about 10 miles. I spoke to ecofreak and they recommended alfaOBD software and OBDLink MX+. I don’t know how I did it but I was able to clear/reset the ABS codes so that light is out now. I got to a section where you can change the Tcase and switched it to manual shift but there was an option for BW44-47 synchro and non synchro. I tried both and it didn’t get the service 4WD light to go out and the truck still won’t start unless jumped at starter. I am not too sure how to work alfaOBD. I also have the original 68rfe harness so I can lay them both out and compare them if needed. I did find pin #4 that you would ground out on the 68 harness and traced it up to a plug at the engine, then I checked the same plug on the g56 harness from the engine and it has the same wire but it goes back to a plug on the manual Tcase??? PLEASE HELP!!!

Side notes**
i sadly forgot and switched the harness without disconnecting the batteries, I don’t know if that would damage any of the computers
Also i currently do not have the Tcase in 4WD but the front axle I can feel while driving is still engaged, it was in 4WD when I removed the electric tcase and 68 harness, not sure if that’s why service 4WD light is on
Is the two wire clutch interlock switch connector plugged in, and is the yellow/orange wire for the clutch interlock present that originates at the rf hub? If you use AlfaOBD to connect to the rf hub and read the faults, what faults are showing up? Same when connected to the BCM, any faults?
For the transfer case type, you’ll choose the one “with synchro”.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is plugged in and like I said I’m not to good with this Alfa obd so it takes me a minute to figure out what I’m looking for. when I get to it I will post back

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and when you say “is the yellow/orange wire for the clutch interlock present that originates at the rf hub?” Do you mean in Alfaobd?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
(RF hub faults)
U1197-security seed response not received from ecm/pcm
U0101-lost communication with tcm
U0100-lost communication with ecm/pcm
B1A25-invalid key

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was able to clear the codes and nothing changed so I can check that section later again to see if they come back up

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
(BCM faults)
U112C-lost communication with t case switch bank module
B23B6-autostick/ERS switch open circuit

(ABS teves)
U0403-implausible data received from t case

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Connected to instrument panel cluster
U0001 high speed CAN communication bus (bus off)
U0114 lost communication with final drive control module
U0100 lost communication with ECM/PCM

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And I don’t know how to get back into Tcase setting to change it I really need help here, I know the manual harness gave me backup cam sensors and reverse lights but would it be worth putting the 68rfe harness back in ground pin #4 and put the electric shift t case back in And see what happens?

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
Clear out all those faults. Disconnect your original transfer case selector dial. Connect AlfaOBD to the body computer. Go into car configuration change. Make the following changes (or make sure the following are what these settings are set to):
VehConfig 3 T-Case type- 44-47 with sync
VehConfig 7 Automatic transmission type- none/not present
VehConfig 7 shift feature autostick/ electronic range select status- NO
ECUConfig 4 ERS available- NO
ECUConfig 4 max gear- NO/ NOT SET
LIN & Misc manual trans present- NO
CBC Configurable Inputs and Outputs ERS switch input present- NO

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For auto transmission type options I have