Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2014 3500 Laramie Cab & Chassis in Nov. 2019. When I bought the truck the key would turn everything on but wouldn't crank the engine and a button had been installed to actually crank the motor. I assumed the ignition switch was bad somehow but didnt think about it much because the button worked fine. About 3 weeks ago the starter engaged and wouldnt stop. I pulled the plug and got it to stop, pulled the button and cleaned the connectors, put everything back and it was good. Then 2 weeks ago I come out and theres nothing. I changed the starter relay and nothing. So I took it to the local dealer who diagnosed it as the TIPM. Put the new TIPM in and it still wont start. They said everything is on and everything is communicating. It now recognizes the key and they said the relay clicks when they try to start but it wont crank. I told them to check the starter and I'm still waiting to hear from them. Dont know why I need to tell them what to check but it is what it is. Any thoughts or similar issues? Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks.

T.C.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts