Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 2014 G56 with the Valair Dual Disk Organic SMF running a deleted tune. It's been that way for about 100k miles or so now (136k total) with no related issues. My miles are all interstate (1 hour commute to work), and I do very little towing. Lately, I've been getting some pretty serious clutch slippage.

Is this a normal range for the organic clutches to wear out? I'm aware that Valair only warranties these for 12k miles, but I expected longer wear since 90% of my driving is done on the economy tune setting. Maybe I'm just bad at clutching? Could be that's the price we pay for the easier and quieter performance clutch version.

Since replacement seems inevitable at this point regardless, does Valair have a disc replacement kit without the master cylinder and flywheel? All I've been able to find so far is the full upgrade kit. Is it recommended to replace the flywheel regardless in these trucks as opposed to resurfacing?

Lots of questions I know, but for $1000+ I want to be sure. Thanks in advance for the help!

· Registered
343 Posts
Did u exceed the HP rating at all?

I have a organic single in my 06 & it was very easy to slip. I got about two years on it & i need to replace it. My own fault though for not going DD.. I thought it was going to be easier to plow with not having as much rotating mass to do quicker forward /reverse actions.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did u exceed the HP rating at all?

I have a organic single in my 06 & it was very easy to slip. I got about two years on it & i need to replace it. My own fault though for not going DD.. I thought it was going to be easier to plow with not having as much rotating mass to do quicker forward /reverse actions.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have no dyno numbers to back this up, but i would be very surprised if it exceeded the rated HP and torque numbers at all. I'm all stock except for deletes and tune, and hardly ever run on the race tune.

From the research I've done since the OP, it seems 100k might be within normal wear and tear range after all, if at the lower end of that spectrum. Guess I'll just replace it again and be done with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.