Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new 2014 ram 2 weeks ago. Is it normal for this transmission to feel like it slips into higher gears? Is this how these torque converters work? Truck has 1500 miles on it and it doesn't seem right for it to feel like it slips before the TC locks. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated and give me piece of mind. Thanks in advance!!!!!!!

2014 Ram 2500 Laramie
-Bone Stock
- I use the exhaust brake like it's going out of style

·
Registered
162 Posts
yeah it cycles on gently in most gears. (not first gear)

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Does it slip in Tow/Haul?
I used mine once without T/H because I forgot to engage it,I felt the slip,put it in T/H,it shifts like it should.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just bought a new 2014 ram 2 weeks ago. Is it normal for this transmission to feel like it slips into higher gears? Is this how these torque converters work? Truck has 1500 miles on it and it doesn't seem right for it to feel like it slips before the TC locks. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated and give me piece of mind. Thanks in advance!!!!!!!

2014 Ram 2500 Laramie
-Bone Stock
- I use the exhaust brake like it's going out of style
mine does the same thing. it feels like it slipping but i remember on my 05 3500 it was similar. then i went to ford. the trans in that was great and aggressive, but now back to a ram. so i cant compare it to the new ram. i hear squealing noises often when shifting from a roll from rev to drive. also more when in 4x4 starting up a hill. from what i read, it seems like line pressure in the trans needs to build up. and yes tow haul is better but still from a take off it takes time to build pressure. at least my opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.