Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I can't seem to find a definitive answer. So it seems the headlights changed in 2015, but I can't find what changed?
I have a full set of high and low beam Philips HID's with the can-bus wiring harness and relays in my 2013 Longhorn which work fantastic. Will they work in my 2016 Limited or do I need a different kit? Considering they don't exactly swap out in 10 minutes, I'm trying to decide if it's a waste of time trying?

If it's questionable, I'll just leave them in the 2013 when I trade it and buy new sets for both of the 2016's.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Hey guys, I can't seem to find a definitive answer. So it seems the headlights changed in 2015, but I can't find what changed?
I have a full set of high and low beam Philips HID's with the can-bus wiring harness and relays in my 2013 Longhorn which work fantastic. Will they work in my 2016 Limited or do I need a different kit? Considering they don't exactly swap out in 10 minutes, I'm trying to decide if it's a waste of time trying?

If it's questionable, I'll just leave them in the 2013 when I trade it and buy new sets for both of the 2016's.

Thanks in advance!
I don't have an older truck to answer with any kind of expert opinion. But I have purchased the 2013-2014 HID error cancelers so I know what they used to fool the truck. My educated guess is they changed the frequency at which their check is being done. You can add some additional capacitance to existing "error cancelers" and get the old system to work on the new truck. The older trucks used a 4700uF capacitor. The new truck I am finding require a 10,000uF capacitor. So you should be able to add an additional 4700uF cap to the existing product and get it to work on the newer truck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.