Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would do an update being that I poked around up here for so long and asked so many questions before I bought a 2013 mega. Love the truck! Have 12,000 miles on it now and have been more than satisfied. After having 2 powerstrokes, and 4 duramaxes this is by far my favorite. It rides better than my 2012 duramax I previously owned, gets better fuel mileage and has way more room and functions. I have noticed the clunk in the tranny seen on the forum from time to time, but after owning 8 HD trucks and other brands I can say that they all have certain issues. It is nothing that concerns me or makes me think anything is wrong with the truck. I hope this helps anyone considering buying a new one, and thanks to everyone who answered questions when I was looking.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I have a 2013 also. Love it. Automatic.

Have a power steering leak (Im waiting for parts), and waiting on a recall.

I drive it short in town during my work week and highway miles during the weekend. It idles a lot, more than I drive it typically during the work week. It's cold, really cold, and I don't plug it in. Never had an issue, running Valvoline 5w30 syn.
6,000 miles in 3 months, not to bad... I don't drive nearly as much as I used to.
I have hauled/towed some.

I bought the long bed for dirt bike trips, specifically Moab trips. I can fit 150gallons fresh water, fire wood, 3 dirt bikes, stove, gas, generator, 2 coolers, and everything else to set up camp in between Moab and Green River Utah for a couple weeks in the sand. I can fit all of this in my bed of my truck and in the cab, loooong bed all the way, my 2001 is also a longbed. It's nice to not have a trailer so that I can go 90mph across Utah/Colorado.

The transmission shifted rough the first 3000 miles on the truck. I have figured out how to advoid it shifting hard with my driving habits, I also learned to run the truck with the tow/haul engaged. The transmission acts like it should be while the tow/haul is engaged.

I like this 2013 very happy I made the decision to purchase it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts