Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1200 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it would be informative if we had an on-going thread noting issues members have had on their brand new trucks. I've seen plenty of threads noting single or multiple issues or another, but they drop off eventually into "search mode". I've communicated with "The Stig", and if it's worthy, he will make it a "Sticky". It would then be helpful for members to help steer those who post "issues" to log them into the "Sticky" Thread. :thumbsup:

There seems to be a lot of biased towards 2013 models having more than their far share of issues. But that may be simply because there are so many more of them on the road (than 2014 models). And of course we are probably only seeing a very small percentage overall. But it begs the question - did the 2014 models benefit from those issues and they were addressed by Chrysler in one form or another for the new model year? Also, the inconsistency of bringing it in for one issue (re-flash), and leaving or noticing new issues after the initial issues were addressed!

Anyway, I think if the issues were kept condensed down to what the issue was/is, if it was addressed, and/or if it created other issues, it could be a worthy thread of information for all (imho).

My 2014 - No issues - Purchased 11/2013 - 7500 miles.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
My 2013 3500- purchased 4/2013 with 15K miles- no significant issues. Occasionally have an issue that required resetting the 8.4AN. (3 times so far)

I have not been in for flashes/updates etc. Since I'm not having issues, I don't want to start any by getting the "latest and greatest."

Reactions: Rama greg

·
Registered
32 Posts
2014 with 850 miles - steering hose leak

Drips of red power steering fluid under front of truck.

·
Registered
89 Posts
2014 1000 miles and tire monitor went out and lights in door went out.

Reactions: Fe2o3 and Rama greg

·
Registered
75 Posts
2013 with 4700 miles. Broken filler tube for fuel, still waiting for the part to come 4 weeks later. EVIC issues idle hour meter was not working, fixed but now drive hour meter shows zero half the time. Radio screen shut off with radio on. Cruise control button sometimes doesn't work.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
2013 - purchased 11-16-13 - 3400 miles

1. Transfer case growl/grinding in 4x4
2. Transfer case does not want to come out of 4x4
3. Deep scratch/gouge in drivers front window
4. Drivers side front window now won't go up using auto up

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I think it would be informative if we had an on-going thread noting issues members have had on their brand new trucks. I've seen plenty of threads noting single or multiple issues or another, but they drop off eventually into "search mode". I've communicated with "The Stig", and if it's worthy, he will make it a "Sticky". It would then be helpful for members to help steer those who post "issues" to log them into the "Sticky" Thread. :thumbsup:

There seems to be a lot of biased towards 2013 models having more than their far share of issues. But that may be simply because there are so many more of them on the road (than 2014 models). And of course we are probably only seeing a very small percentage overall. But it begs the question - did the 2014 models benefit from those issues and they were addressed by Chrysler in one form or another for the new model year? Also, the inconsistency of bringing it in for one issue (re-flash), and leaving or noticing new issues after the initial issues were addressed!

Anyway, I think if the issues were kept condensed down to what the issue was/is, if it was addressed, and/or if it created other issues, it could be a worthy thread of information for all (imho).

My 2014 - No issues - Purchased 11/2013 - 7500 miles.
This is a good idea.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wow, lot of issues on such a new truck.
This wouldn't be acceptable on a Toyota or Honda yet it's expected on a domestic (or mexican/italian now?).

Not huge issues but it's really annoying to waste time going back to the dealer for warranty work.

About to pull the trigger on a 2014 3500 but perhaps I need to stick to my 2011 that is pretty much sorted out...

2013 with 4700 miles. Broken filler tube for fuel, still waiting for the part to come 4 weeks later. EVIC issues idle hour meter was not working, fixed but now drive hour meter shows zero half the time. Radio screen shut off with radio on. Cruise control button sometimes doesn't work.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
2014 1500 so far and only issue is drivers side door panel replaced bc the chrome ring around the window switches are considered one part how stupid!!!

Reactions: Rama greg

·
Registered
119 Posts
My truck in sig; Vibrations 60 and up, 8.4AN seems glitchy, not really impressed with these head lights other than they way they look, trans seems to shift a lot and is not very smooth. Hooked it up to my car hauler the other day maybe 9000 lbs, pulls nice seems to have balls until you get into sixth and every little hill causes it to shift to fifth.

Still on the fence with this truck.

Reactions: bajaben

·
Registered
168 Posts
2014 with 850 miles - steering hose leak

Drips of red power steering fluid under front of truck.
right off the lot that night, power steering leak. they told me some one must have nicked it on assembly! i claim B.S.

·
Registered
188 Posts
2013 6000 on it. had radio 8.4AN replaced right after i bought it. also headliner rattles all the time drives me crazy! other than that been a great truck.
oh and to add backup camera is pretty much useless at night. way to grainy

Reactions: bajaben

·
Registered
2 Posts
2013 3500 aisin 6000 miles on her, only issue puddle light went out.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow, lot of issues on such a new truck.
This wouldn't be acceptable on a Toyota or Honda yet it's expected on a domestic (or mexican/italian now?).
Yep. Lots of issues. That's why this thread was created. It's not acceptable to any manufacture, but don't think for a minute that any other manufacture is exempt from having issues....

Reactions: gsbrockman

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
13k Miles Evic shows ~3k towing

Fuel heater not turned on. Gelled up. Dealer Fixed

Power Steering hose leak. Sat at dealer for a week till repaired.

Quirky 8.4an behavior early on, much better now, still not perfect.

Seems to downshift alot while towing.

With that said I love the truck, just hoping for a flash to improve throttle response.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Domestics really needs to step up, if there were this many issues on a new toyota truck, there will be hell to pay, different expectations.
We expect toyota to be reliable and nearly perfect, yet we expect nagging issues on a brand new truck to be a norm in domestics.

I love big 1 ton trucks so I don't have a choice in the arena but for a company that's been making full size trucks for decades, it's unacceptable that they still haven't figured out how to bring forward a new quality product with engineering and manufacturing quality sorted out.

With my ranting aside, I'll likely suck it up like the rest of us and get a 2014 3500.

Yep. Lots of issues. That's why this thread was created. It's not acceptable to any manufacture, but don't think for a minute that any other manufacture is exempt from having issues....

·
Registered
168 Posts
13k Miles Evic shows ~3k towing

Fuel heater not turned on. Gelled up. Dealer Fixed

Power Steering hose leak. Sat at dealer for a week till repaired.

Quirky 8.4an behavior early on, much better now, still not perfect.

Seems to downshift alot while towing.

With that said I love the truck, just hoping for a flash to improve throttle response.
i gelled 3 times since new years sighning for ownership truck would start reliable since then. thanks to this forum and the copy of the TSB they fixed it. they had no knowledge and told me it was lac of additive and bad fuel. since then , and 45 bucks in additive later they fixed programing, and runs great. thanks to all! great!!

1 - 20 of 1200 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.