Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought a 2013 larmaie 2500 and unfortunately it has the sport mirrors. Has anyone done a conversion to the tow mirrors? Dealer says tow mirrors aren't available to order, although my buddy has the exact same truck with the tow mirrors. Any help would be appreciated,

·
Registered
609 Posts
Should bolt right on and it shouldn't be a issue to get the mirrors.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Check eBay or amazon I have seen them. As far as changing them I'm not sure because they do have turn signals in them and I'm not sure if you have the wiring . Good luck!

Reactions: rich1902

·
Registered
401 Posts
if your mirrors already have puddle and blinkers then those will work, i'm still trying to figure out if aftermarket tow mirrors need the door module changed like the oems do. the seller on ebay says plug and play? if you want a link ill post it. they have the temp sensor also

Reactions: smokinC13

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if your mirrors already have puddle and blinkers then those will work, i'm still trying to figure out if aftermarket tow mirrors need the door module changed like the oems do. the seller on ebay says plug and play? if you want a link ill post it. they have the temp sensor also
yea id like to see the link, i found a set on ebay that says fits 12-13 but dealer says that wont work.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do you think that the aftermarket will be as good of quality as factory? ive read a few post talking about them being loose or shaky going down the highway. That price is very reasonable

·
Registered
401 Posts
do you think that the aftermarket will be as good of quality as factory? ive read a few post talking about them being loose or shaky going down the highway. That price is very reasonable

well i asked the same question on here and one guy said he bought a set for an earlier truck and they were fine. they have the reinforcement brackets on them so maybe they won't shake? i ordered a set since the factory ones i bought were lost in the postal system and ended up in atlanta

Reactions: smokinC13

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im definately going to check into it. id like to think i can sell my factory mirrors and cover some of that cost

·
Registered
401 Posts
yeah probably so, a lot of people like the powerfold. i just wish i knew for sure if the modules need to be changed or not, you can never trust the sellers knowledge

·
Green Angel
1,205 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
So has anyone purchased these? I am also wondering if they are plug and play. let us know if any of y'all have purchased them, and how it worked out. I noticed they have sold 2 sets so far so someone has them...

i bought a set, so far power features work perfectly. waiting to get leds (signals n puddles) flashed in friday they dont shake or vibrate goin down the road

·
Green Angel
1,205 Posts
i bought a set, so far power features work perfectly. waiting to get leds (signals n puddles) flashed in friday they dont shake or vibrate goin down the road
Thanks for the reply and keeping us informed. Also keep us informed on what exactly the dealership "flashes in"? Because someone else will need to do this shortly enough and the dealer won't have a clue what they are doing. Like myself...

Did you have power fold or just the standard sport mirrors?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Thanks for the reply and keeping us informed. Also keep us informed on what exactly the dealership "flashes in"? Because someone else will need to do this shortly enough and the dealer won't have a clue what they are doing. Like myself...

Did you have power fold or just the standard sport mirrors?

i had just standard power heated mirrors. i'm hoping my dealer knows what i want done.

·
Green Angel
1,205 Posts
i had just standard power heated mirrors. i'm hoping my dealer knows what i want done.
Thats exactly what I have and want done so please keep me informed. Thanks again:party018:

·
Registered
2013 Ram 2500 CCLB 4x4 XD Addicts 17x9 with Falken WildPeak AT3 Powersteps
425 Posts
Subscribed. I have the heated power sport mirrors as well. I think I can get by with them. They are better than the ones on my 97. I still would like to have the tow mirrors available in the link. Definitely let us know how it goes as you pave the way.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Since I have a Laramie with the PowerFold option, I would probably need the oe switch too, right? I was spoiled to have the tow mirrors on my '12 Power Wagon....I believe all diesel trucks should come with tow mirrors.

·
Registered
401 Posts
i will keep everyone posted, im still on the fence on whether to change out the door modules. 13Brute, Im not sure if you would or not with aftermarket mirrors. oem yes you would have to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
PowerNet wiring

The new PowerNet wiring system in these trucks will not allow electronic upgrades. The Body control module has a list of all part numbers installed on the vehicle from the factory. If the BCM does not recognize a part number the vehicle will go into "limp home mode." That's whay you can't change the radio or add a back-up camera. Order these vehicle exacley how you want them. Unfortuantley the dealer don't all know this and order vehicle incorrectly. Trailer tow mirrors are standard on 2500's and up, if you have one without trailer tow mirror it was ordered that why and that's why MOPAR does not offer a kit to change them back. For example, had a dealer install trailer tow mirrors on 13 DS/ 1500 and both door modules blew up and the vehicle would not shift out of second gear, same wiring system, FIAT based....

1 - 20 of 195 Posts